Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Need some help! My first RGB projector project (expecting approx. 2W system)

Thumbs up

Thank you for the pics!

Thanks guys

Here's a video...

I'll work on fine tuning the alignment when I get a chance.

Default Nice, nice, nice!!

I realy like the the way you combined the 445 and the 473 together, the colors in your demo video were superb, Great 3w RGB build all and all outstanding job!! Look foward to reading more on this!
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Quote Originally Posted by beamann View Post
    I realy like the the way you combined the 445 and the 473 together, the colors in your demo video were superb, Great 3w RGB build all and all outstanding job!! Look foward to reading more on this!
    Thanks

Although it took completley refitting the optics shelf to accomodate the 445nm and centering the galvos, I think it was worth it.

I have been tempted to add a 660nm channel to benefit from a wider pallette (particularly after seeing the deep reds and purples in my new baby projector). Probably not right now though! Given how powerful the 635nm is (1W+), I could probably replace it with a 500mW 635nm/640nm and add a 1W 660nm. Anymore and I'd need more 532nm and particularly 473nm (which is struggling to keep up)!

Other than a couple of little baby projectors, the next one I'm planning is an 8(-10)W R(R)GB in a similar form factor to this projector. I have the green (2W+), am building the blue (2W) and toying with what to do about the red (4-6W).

Talking Following your lead

I am presently getting stuff together for a 5w RGB build and seeing what you have done has inspiered me! I like the idea of adding color channels to exspand the color pallet. the 445/473 and looking with high interst on the red line exspantion your going to do.
    Thanks for sharing your build, very informative and educational, I am learning alot from you and your great project fotos
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

I am presently getting stuff together for a 5w RGB build and seeing what you have done has inspiered me!
    ...just as I have been inspired from the PL community. Thank you My aim was to document my learnings on my journey of discovery here, so that they could be useful to others. The information and advice I was given here by others enabled this monster to come to life! So thanks again to all those who helped

I like the idea of adding color channels to exspand the color pallet. the 445/473 and looking with high interst on the red line exspantion your going to do.
    I wouldn't have been able to fully benefit from the additional colour lines without upgrading from Mamba to Pangolin's LD2000 and the QM2000. Being able to fine tune the mix of 4 (up to 6) different laser wavelengths for each colour on the palette makes a real difference.

Thanks for sharing your build, very informative and educational, I am learning alot from you and your great project fotos
    Thanks I spent a great deal of time with my Canon G10 trying to get the best mix of aperture and shutter speed for each shot. The amount of smoke at different times varied the settings quite dramatically!

One of my favourite's at the moment is this one; an attempt to capture the orthagonal beam path through the galvo block with the 3 colour beam mix showing the differing widths...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0668.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	19767

I needed the shutter speed fast enough to capture the smoke particles as stationary as possibly and with the aperture small enough to see the beams without a white-out! I've got some other "arty" shots I might post on PL later (laser pron)!

It would be great to hook up with you guys next time I am in Melbourne, hopefully you have a show on.

Wayne.
    Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    thanks mate

that was the first of 3 shows last weekend:

thursday night - dave and aijii bump in for liberate (4 full colours)
    friday arvo/night - aijii sets up every picture ( there was no where to hang lasers from, contrary to client discussions prior to event - thanks to ben from oracle laser for lending a bunch of stands, saving a trip back out to the burbs)
    friday night - dave operates liberate, with surprise visit from aijii
    saturday morning - (5am) dave bumps out liberate
    saturday morning (8am) - aijii sets up rest of every picture (3 full colours, 2 greens, 2 reds)
    saturday arvo - dave sets up interview (1 full colour)
    saturday arvo - aijii and dave operate every picture
    saturday night - tony operates interview
    saturday night - aijii and dave pack down every picture
    sunday - sleeeeep

crazy weekend.

mr.taggaluci - nice laser projector maybe we can cross hire it off you when we need more full colour!
    This space for rent.