Thread: Finally!

Default Finally!

Hey- check it out- I actually dragged a few lasers out last night and provided some backdrop to a few bands at my friend's art studio. You know what ended up being the "meat and potatoes" of the deal? The Lumias! They were subtle, yet funky enough to add a little extra.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn_906_Randal.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	14193
    I was also surprised how the simple marquee text turned out to be perfect for band names, announcements, etc.. The Lumia was the overall MVP of all the toys I brought though (I wouldn't have guessed) so I am definitely going to give those old school effects a little more investigation. The MixedGas wave tube & the salt shaker seemed to draw the most "wow" comments from folks who stopped by to check out the gadgets.

Name:	tn_906 010.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	14194

Name:	tn_906 014.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	14192

It was fun to get some of this stuff out of the living room & into a place where more people could get a taste. Here's a quick vid

-Mike

i personally love lumias, as awesome as beamshows and a good graphics projector are, lumias are just kind of magical in their own way

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    lumias are just kind of magical in their own way
    This!

A good lumia effect is absolutely mesmerizing. Pity that they aren't more popular these days.

Adam

Part of the fun for me was being able to sit there and listen to the music while playing with the sliders. For the more beat-oriented effects, I still need to incorporate that light-organ circuit, and figure out a good way to toggle it between manual and auto mode. Fun stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    For the more beat-oriented effects, I still need to incorporate that light-organ circuit
    Oh come on, Mike. You've already got the best "light organ" around... Just get a license for LivePro! for your QM-2000 board and you're all set! And if you really want that "old-school" feel - with knobs to turn and sliders to move - just hook up a midi controller (like the Novation Remote Zero, for example) and use it to control LivePro. (I've been doing this for about 6 months now, and I love it!)

Adam

Thumbs up

Hey Mike -

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    ...You know what ended up being the "meat and potatoes" of the deal? The Lumias! ....It was fun to get some of this stuff out of the living room & into a place where more people could get a taste...
    Three cheers, m8! Nice werk - love to see the 'support' for the 'Old School'!

Hey fle -

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    i personally love lumias...
    You should enjoy THIS, then... (part 1 of 6.. lots of lumia later-on, too...)

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...