Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Groupbuy?

Default Groupbuy?

I,m willing to do a groupbuy on for my case so that anyone her at pl has a good start for building there own Projector.The case is a splitlevel design so both sides of the baseplates are used. The case is 400mm wide , 300mm deep and 180 mm high and completely made out of aluminium to cool everything thats inside. It even has a bottemplate where you can mount three fans to cool the lasers.
    After the cases are lasercut i need to make some aluminium strips to mount the lid so i have to do some work on it before i can ship it.The case comes in parts so you have to assemble it.The cases are blank but comes with black allenkey bolts with plastic caps underneat it so that if you spraypaint it in black you have a nice finish.I did in Heat resitive paint and then bake it in an oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes to give that scratchresistive finish.Heatresistant paint does not efect the heat conductivity of the baseplate!
    You can find out shipping because i will give you the weight of the package. Only if there are more then 5 cases ordered the groupbuy will procceed Details and pictures below.

The package that you ordered will contains the following items.

1 baseplate 10mm
    2 sidepanels 5mm with ventilation gaps
    1 frontplate 3mm
    1 backplate with 4 spares for neutrics , 1 netentry and ildaport 3mm
    1 topplate 3mm
    1 bottemplate for mounting 3 ventilators of 92mm. 3mm
    1 bracket to hang up the projector. 5mm
    4 strips of aluminium to mount the toppanel.
    bolts nuts etc to assemble the projector provided.
    WEIGHT : below 10kg

Price: 250 euro excluding shipping. SRS has designed a ILDA pass true board for this projector. The netentry is available from Rob ( stanwax) If you want to build a projector exactly like mine that is possible. Shoot me a PM and i will send you a list of the parts you need for this case excluding the lasers!
    As you can see i build in the FB3 and scanfail from gento.You can buy the scanfail from MCcarrot. If you,re patient i have a breakoutboard designed for this to connect everything on the board. On the board you only have to connect the following items: scanneramps , scanfail, colouroutputs, fb3 input, 24v+- I will post a picture from the board next week.

So anyone interested in this groupbuy?

Thanks!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080324.JPG  

P1080327.JPG  

P1080339.JPG  

P1080325.JPG  

P1080349.JPG  

Top.jpg  

Bottom.jpg  

Last edited by edison; 02-20-2010 at 23:54.

Hi Edison,

The case is 180mm high, instead of 18mm ;-)

For the rest of the people, i have 4 of these cases, and i really like them. For RGB it fits ok, but i also have a green 1W and that is a CNI style (BIIIIIIG!) powersupply.
    I lowered the base plate so that the big huge powersupply fits in.
    So the case is adjustable and customizable to your needs (1 color, 2 or 3.... no problem).

I will make another green 1W when it returns from Rob and another RGB (light version with 250mW blue, 430mW green and a homebuilt quad red (with diodes from the GB!).
    As you can see, these cases are really handy and compact.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

ooops yeah 18mm is kind of flat I have a breakoutboard designed where you can connect all the wires to one board including the scanfail that MCcarrot sells, the scanneramps , 3 colour outputs, and input from the FB3 with the flatcable. So no soldering just plug and play.

Default Want it

I want a complete case of you edison!

I am interested.

So 3 to go to make this groupbuy happen. I need a mimimal of 5 to give it a go.

Thanks guys for be the first to join this groubuy. Aluminium is quit expencive but i didn,t want a metal case thats heavy. Proffesional lasercompanies sell these cases for a lot more.

I am also interested.

We are getting there. Thanks tocket for joining the group buy.

All we need is two more! Almost there!

I have already 4 of those cases (the first and second prototype and 2 of the final product) and i can tell you they rock ! The case is real tough, but relatively light and compact. You can fit in the 3 R, G and B lasers (if needed you could put in 4 modules, but then you need compact drivers!), a scanset plus drivers, a safety, powersupplies, i have 12 and 5v in mine. Tonight i will put on some pictures i took this weekend.

Edison has put lots of time in the design and each time the case gets better.
    Prototype didn't have coolingslots on the side, now they have.
    As a bottomplate where you can fit 3x 92mm fans. The optical part is closed, if you place a window and seal the bottomplate you can make it dustfree !

You assemble these cases from a flat package to a complete case in very little time.
    So you can start fast with what's really important: putting in the lasers and adjusting dichro's and stuff.
    The tray holding the lasers easily slides out. Yup i can really recommend it.
    (And i am not being paid or working for Edison, i am just happy with the case).
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.