Thread: For all you tech geeks - Nokia N900

Default For all you tech geeks - Nokia N900

for all you tech geeks...

just got myself a new nookia n900 and i have to say it blows the iphone out the water!

its primary use is an internet tablet, so as you can expect very fast internet. also its currently the only phone on the market that can truly multi task, you can have loads of things open at once without crashing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7emvUBpEkbU

theres a vid some where on youtube with it running 30 apps at once and not crashing, so very impressive. the apps are also running not just sat there, so you can open one web page and whilst its loading open another. you can copy links from photobucket and post them into a forum etc... all very very useful.

there are 4 home screens, all full customizable, unlike the iphone there not just little square boxes which all look the same!!

so here we have music player which we can play then go off and do something else.
    live weather whichs updates every hour
    cpu and memory meter
    battery meter
    google search bar which is really good, as with one click you can change the search engine to ebay, google, ask etc...
    and at the bottom some general short cuts.

just flick side ways to the next screen (friends and family will like this pic)

just click on the pic to phone someone

here we have rss feeds, which you can add as any as you like, all updated every 5 mins.

also my fav web book marks

then last one messaging, texts and emails and calendar

the phone does have apps like other phones but they are generally useful. there arent any apps that tell you what colour pants to wear on thursday but you will find stuff like a tv remote, which works. the n900 has built in IR.

phone has a full slide out keyboard or on screen keyboard. comes with a built in stylist which i love, using my big fat fingers can be tricky on a touch screen.

32gb internal hard drive plus memory card slot up a 16gb card.

so all in all an amazing phone, which im so so glad i got. i have an iphone so can comment on which i think is the best and the n900 wins hands down.

the multi tasking is amazing.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Nice one
    All workin' in the end then?

I don't know what the fuss is about... my trusty little Nokia is still going.
    I sent it into the shop for an upgrade last month. Now it's a camera phone!

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

lol

yes MMS is all working, but i didnt mention anything about that in the post
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat