Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LaserWave Driver

I did some testing a few months ago on various input impedances of different lasers. If I remember correctly, the LaserWave was somewhere around 2.4K, which totalled only a loss of around .2V if the driver (QM2K) has output resistors (QM2K typically has 100 ohm resistors on the outputs). This didn't seem to matter much as with most lasers I tested didn't have any increase in power after about 4.5V. Unfortunately, I don't have an FB3 to test with and I'm not sure what, if any, output resistors it has.

Damn, and I think my new modules are on their way already

Does this mean I'm gonna have to build 4 of these differential amps and try and find somewhere in my cases for them then...

I guess there would be a market for a little board with a single power connection and 3 sets of I/O for use in 1 to 3 colour projectors. certainly better than me botching up little lumps of electronics out of margarine tubs and sticky back plastic (one for the UK members there....)

It may be wisest to follow this thread for awhile and see where it leads, norty. To my knowledge the true culprit and solution haven't been identified yet.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I guess there would be a market for a little board with a single power connection and 3 sets of I/O for use in 1 to 3 colour projectors.
    The color board will do that, differential input, buffers the signal, protects the output and has the ability to add delay.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    The color board will do that, differential input, buffers the signal, protects the output and has the ability to add delay.
    I was thinking the same thing

As was I, only I was thinking it in black on white...

I was thinking it in brown, but I was thinking it.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Yeah, was jus' throwin' it out there.....
    But where'd you find people who could produce handy little boards like that....

I'll take 2 BTW

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    I was thinking the same thing
    Yeah, so was I - actually a while back. To the point that I have most of the board drawn up in Protel
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I believe Dan Briggs and Rob have one almost ready for production.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.