Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Increase site traffic...

I started on a custom design for PhotonLexicon, a start can be seen here: *click*

As soon as I have some more spare time I will continue to work on it

Hello everyone!

First post to this forum. I was directed to this forum by one of the members from the Alphalite forum over on Yahoo Groups. Saw this thread on generating traffic - hope the thread isn't too dead!

Like this forum, the Alphalite one is looking to entice more users. It seems that laser hobbyists are scattered all over the place, but there isn't any one place for them to congregate and exchange ideas. Some hang out on alt.lasers (usnet), some on greenlasers.co.uk, and no doubt many can be found here. Not sure if there is any "main" site where you might advertize, though I'm sure Sam would add a link to this site in the laser FAQ if you asked him.

Either way though, I'm glad to find another place to talk about lasers. Some of the pictures in the gallery section are astounding. Clearly I've got a ways to go yet! But it's great to see what I might someday accomplish...

I'm in the process of upgrading to closed-loop galvos and computer control... Everything up 'till this point has been open-loop and analog for me. Big step, I know, but it's been a long time coming.

For now, the projector will just be monochrome (green), but later I have the parts I need to make it RGB... But one step at a time, right?

Anyway, just wanted to say 'Hi" to everyone, and thank Specwhore for taking the time to set this place up for us!

Adam Burns aka...
    The Buffo Mounie
    http://home.sc.rr.com/buffo

hi there

And welcome
    Yes i know, the laser ppl is all over the web.
    I think the laser was "unknown" for many ppl untill the green leadlight start to rule the world to everyone out there 8) (like myself)

I did buy a leadlight for 1 year ago, and today i got 2 set of galvo, 2x100mW red modules, one 240mW green dpss, and some other red stuff

I someday want to buy a blue and make a RGB laser that is my goal !!

alphalite you say :lol: I wonder if that not was me :roll:

Anyway, welcome here.
    Just read some post out here on the forum, and i can promise you will find MANY intrestning threads out on this forum

cheers

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Liteglow... Filip? Guess that was you then! (And thanks for the suggestion to check this place out! I like it already! )

Sounds like you've got quite the setup already. All you need is an Argon!

Adam

Filip Yes
    btw (i got 2 galvo for sale if you need any)

well. my setup is OK, but it`s only a beginner setup.

you can se my stuff here :

http://www.mittgallery.net/laser

and here :

yes a blue is all i need

But i want a 1..3.4.5.6Watt laser :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

To market this site, I would be happy to put the site logo and URL on every events' flyer we do, with a slogan that says something like "Where laser people goto play!" or something haha

Evolve:

That sounds like a good idea; I think it would be great to get more hobbyists to participate here.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Evolve:

That sounds like a good idea; I think it would be great to get more hobbyists to participate here.

Adam
    Can someone please provide me with a high 300dpi version of the site's logo?
    Thanks

Spec, you should rent your own space and make a sigline with the forum logo done on a scanner...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin