Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gigi d'Agostino's - The Riddle FINAL

Hi,

This is a great little show. I've always been a fan of the Nik Kershaw original, but this remix is excellent.

The problem is, I've tried everything to get the music to stay in sync while trying to generate a multichannel Wav file using LaserBoy. I need LaserBoy to output at 48KHz for my sound card DAC, so I resampled the music first using Cool Edit...

I know that the ILDA frames are variable length, so the animation slows down a lot at certain parts. I've tried setting the frame rate manually, and around 13.6 FPS (short verion) is close enough for the first part, but then it goes out of sync in the second half?

I tried importing to HE Laserscan, but it's still quite a bit out of sync compared to the real video on YouTube. Is this video even in sync like the original?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrtA6...related&fmt=18

Thanks in advance,
    OzOnE.
    "It's like lasing a stick of Dynamite."...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ds0wYpc1eM&fmt=18
    Surely all PL members have seen this movie?

Lovely to see a release now. (though traceit is very help full for batching, and I never released mines lol)

this was my first attempt with the k12n around 3 years ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvF716-hIF8&fmt=18

you should try blablabla too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVvGwTu-MiQ&fmt=18

they are oldish, so I made a HD version.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z58V6RKy_E&fmt=18

youtube people were complaining about the quality so

Also great job to remove the double lines ^^, I was lazy to do that so, but I removed that in the blablabla one.
    Thanks, Dnstje.
    Last edited by Dnstje; 06-30-2010 at 15:02.

Ohh cool there is another animation. Just need to find original VOB or good mpeg4. I will transfer it to ILD for usre. Thanks for link.

BTW if you having problem synchronizing 2500 frame version. Same problem here as in original. Need to insert a few blank frames. When one guy finish walking and the animations switches to another guy there are hills and when animation gets to the top you need a blank frame. There are 4 frames needed to be inserted If not it screws animation/music sync.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Hi,

I don't suppose anyone has the time to convert The Riddle animation to a Laserboy 8-channel wave (plus music) which keeps proper sync?

I've found that I had to convert the music's sample rate to 48KHz with Cooledit first because Laserboy generally works at 48KHz for the USB DAC.

Then I had to mess around with the frame rate and use something fractional like 13.6 fps, but it still goes out of sync 'cos it seems that many ILD frames display for a lot longer than others (eg. going up Bluebird Hill etc.)

How does most software determine the proper frame rate, since ILD animations work from a scan-rate setting AFAIK (not quite the same thing)? Shouldn't all ILD animations include the scan-rate in the file name as I don't think it's always included in the ILDA header is it?

I've tried using other lasershow software, but most of them are a pain to use and still don't keep sync?

Thanks,
    OzOnE.
    "It's like lasing a stick of Dynamite."...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ds0wYpc1eM&fmt=18
    Surely all PL members have seen this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    BTW if you having problem synchronizing 2500 frame version. Same problem here as in original. Need to insert a few blank frames. When one guy finish walking and the animations switches to another guy there are hills and when animation gets to the top you need a blank frame. There are 4 frames needed to be inserted If not it screws animation/music sync.
    well, I dont have experience with off sync with the riddle or blablabla, since im using phoenix showcontroller 2 and using a wav file. I though mamba black had problems with opening ILD files or so cuts off blank frames, (atleast here) anyway, no probs at phoenix.

Mamba (used to ?) have problems importing framelists containing pointless frames.

If I have time I will do 2500 frames repaired version with those 4 frames inserted.

Regarding blank frames my DSP doesn't like them. It will stop loading a animation if there is a blank frame. And if you're trying to insert one and compile the film it screams with red letters. 0 points found!

Technicolor version - created with Spaghetti.
    ILDA format 5
    25 fps
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great work, thanks a lot

4 frames that screwed up perfect sync added
    2500 frame version

riddlesync.rar