Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gigi d'Agostino's - The Riddle FINAL

Thank you for your great effort.

Thanks m8, you rock

I've been obsessed with this show since I started working on my ILDAC-32 to play ILDA files. Thanks to everyone in this thread that posted show files.

Now that ILDAC-WAV takes that one step further to play WAV files with audio, I've been trying to get the Riddle Technicolor ILDA file from here to sync with the MP3 or WAV (ripped from the youtube video). I tried several different methods with Laserboy and Audacity but never got any good results, so I gave up. I know some people have used HE-laserscan to do this, but I don't have that software or hardware/DAC to play it.

So recently I had the simple idea to just import both ILD and WAV files into Beyond, and let it worry about the sync issues between the variable laser frame rate and the fixed rate of the audio track. And it works pretty well!

When playing the resulting show at the same time as the Youtube video, the laser and audio tracks aren't in perfect sync, but it's "pretty darn close" -- close enough that unless you know every frame of the original, you won't really notice a difference. At worst in the middle it's maybe 1/2 second out of sync but drifts back into sync after that.

I've uploaded both Beyond 4 and Beyond 5 versions of the show to the PL FTP site - see: The-Riddle-2022.zip in the "uploads" directory.

I also played the show at 30kpps in Beyond and captured it to a WAV file at a 32k sample rate using my WAVE-USB.

Finally, I uploaded the finished WAV file (about 110MB) to the PL FTP server to the uploads directory as "The Riddle 30kpps@32ksps.wav" you should be able to play on any device that plays WAV files.

Enjoy!