Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SD card laser projector issue

Default SD card laser projector issue

Hello Everyone!

I have a big problem with my chinese RGB laser projector. The ild file is not working on it. I attached the file, and a video from the problem. I think there is a problem with the colors, but I don't know and I'm bored.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...oi?usp=sharing

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zali6143 View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I have a big problem with my chinese RGB laser projector. The ild file is not working on it. I attached the file, and a video from the problem. I think there is a problem with the colors, but I don't know and I'm bored.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...oi?usp=sharing

Thanks for the help!
    Welcome to PL!

Your ild file is 24 bit color, and that may be the problem. Attached is a simple TTL color reduction of the file- hope it works.

Dean
    Attached Files Attached Files

Those sd card readers typically only read ilda format 0 and nothing else. So even if the art is only 2D, it must be saved as 3D. Since it is only format 0, the default palette of 63 colors is assumed. Since your projector has lasers that are only off or on with nothing in between, you only have 7 color combinations.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Thanks for everyone!!! dchammods, It's working now!!!! How can I do this TTL color reduction next time?

Those sd card readers typically only read ilda format 0 and nothing else. So even if the art is only 2D, it must be saved as 3D. Since it is only format 0, the default palette of 63 colors is assumed. Since your projector has lasers that are only off or on with nothing in between, you only have 7 color combinations.

I export file format 0 in Laserboy. How can I use this TTL palette in Laserboy? Can send me a palette that works with this laser?
    Last edited by Zali6143; 12-21-2022 at 00:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Zali6143 View Post

I export file format 0 in Laserboy. How can I use this TTL palette in Laserboy? Can send me a palette that works with this laser?
    Since you have already found LaserBoy... You can go into menu c from main and use the up and down arrows to find the TTL palette dft_TTL_.

When this palette is in the target palette position, you can do a best match to this palette.

Capital L will match all of the frames you have loaded in LB.

This will convert whatever colors you have to the nearest TTL value.

Then you can arrow back down to the regular 63 color Default_ palette and do a match by index.

Capital M will do this to all the frames.

Now the frame or frames will be using the Default_ palette but they will only use the TTL values found within it.

In [Tab] menu 7 file settings, you can make sure that the art will be saved as 3D even if it is only 2D.

Please feel free to ask more questions.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Since you have already found LaserBoy... You can go into menu c from main and use the up and down arrows to find the TTL palette dft_TTL_.

When this palette is in the target palette position, you can do a best match to this palette.

Then you can arrow back down to the regular 63 color Default_ palette and do a match by index.

Now the frame or frames will be using the Default_ palette but they will only use the TTL values found within it.

In [Tab] menu 7 file settings, you can make sure that the art will be saved as 3D even if it is only 2D.

Didn't you write a 'chil' effect that does all that automatically?

Thank you, but everything is red by now after the settings. What is the problem? I have another ild file, i made it from svg, I think there are more points that's allowed(Not working well in projector). How can it decrease?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Képkivágás.PNG  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zali6143; 12-21-2022 at 08:29.

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Didn't you write a 'chil' effect that does all that automatically?
    Yes. That's still there too. It also does a special kind of optimization that adds dwell points at both the leading and trailing end of every lit segment to correct for the improper timing between the laser modulation and the galvos.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Yes. That's still there too. It also does a special kind of optimization that adds dwell points at both the leading and trailing end of every lit segment to correct for the improper timing between the laser modulation and the galvos.
    I tried chill effect, but everything is going to be red!