Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UV Creating Filter? Such a thing?

If you need smoke in a small venue, you could try using some joss-sticks / incense sticks - they will make enough smoke to show up light beams (certainly better than nothing!) but won't set off smoke alarms unless you use a ridiculous amount of them, and aren't likely to raise the same objections as a smoke machine.

I would think the venue would have more of a problem with incense than theatrical fog as you are essentially burning wood and scented oil vs vaporizing water and glycol. Incense creates a lingering, smelly mess.

Venues that don't allow fog are pretty ignorant of what fog is, imo. Even water based fluid leaves something behind, but any halfway decent venue cleans their place top to bottom, anyway.

I've used joss-sticks in several venues over the years to get a minimal smoke haze effect - the usual comment is that they smell better than the venue... (one side effect of the smoking ban is that other smells in clubs become more noticable, especially unhygienic punters ...and the toilets!)

Default Diachroic filter

Quote Originally Posted by lamborgini8 View Post
    Is there such thing as a filter I can place in front of a normal white light bulb that converts the light into ultra violet black light?
    I had some martin MX1 and MX4 which use a diachroic filter to get the different colours, and the UV on that would flouress day glo colours on people shirts etc.

It dosnt create UV but filters out all the other colours in the spectrum and only alows UV through. The MX1 and 4 are 250W and 150W respectivly, the brighter the source the better the result.

Hope this helps.