Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Quad Red.. Who HAs a Working Build?

No, that is not what I am suggesting. I clearly stated a "wedge-shaped shim". Start with a piece of sheet metal and sand it down so it's shaped like a triangle. The thick end goes under the diode you want to be elevated. This takes less than 2 minutes to make with a belt sander.

Also, cooling issues are mostly irrelevant. If you've got your diode mounted in the dual holder, you've got enough mass there to conduct the heat away to the air already. You shouldn't need to worry about how much heat the baseplate is drawing away. And in any event, a wedge-shaped shim will give full contact with the baseplate over the entire length, should you decide to install a TEC under it for better wavelength control.

Adam

riddle me this batman, why do i need to show you what you already know? you know that I bought two quad builds with dual modual mounts. and its well known that you cant get a real usable beam in this configuration... so why act as I have done something worng & you want to see pictures of my builds to offer support?

I know it looks good and all to the rest of the PL that you show yor support. but Im no fool.

if you really want to show off your support, accept a return of the 4 dual modual holders & in place send me the 8 individual modual holders.. I'll add the difference & pay for shipping.
    I think is fair.
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

The build looks nice, but it looks like the beam diameter from a red diode is big.

Can you measure the beam diameter from the collimator?

With these setup its normal that the first meter you still see separate beams, but they should diverge into one beam after 1-2 meters.

ummmm...wow ted...I think your build looks great! If anything the mirror you had trouble focusing on could be moved a tad that would allow you to move the mount a bit closer to the beam that is skimming by. Your near field looks good and your far field is overlapped. I dont know what you were expecting but i think it looks good. Congratulations! as far as I know you are the first one to ever build one of my quad kits and make it work. You have done well.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.