Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laser Ben

Just curious if this was ever resolved for future reference?
    leading in trailing technology

I have offered him several solutions to this, all of which he has claimed will not work and that the only one for him is for me to give him $3500, repair the laser, return it, and if he is happy, he will give me $1000 back. Sorry, but this is not going to happen.

Andres, you refuse to see any of the facts in front of you:

• The laser was stuck in customs
    • You claimed the case with the laser was opened by customs
    • There are claims in this thread that customs uses Inch Hex Keys
    • The laser was opened with Inch Hex Keys

Now, I know you are not going to believe me, but it was not shipped with the head taken apart, it simply wasn't.

When I shipped it, I informed you that Switzerland did not allow insurance above $650 for any of the shippers I checked. I asked if this was okay and you replied with:

When you packed the laser head very well, then its ok for me to insure it for only 650$.

When the laser head has a damage when it arrive, i suppose you can find an other low-priced OPSL head maybe for repair it...

Or I try to repair the damaged head..
    You later claimed that the head was packed very well:

I opened the packet, good packing.
    I packed the head very well, you agreed on the quality of the packing. You give two solutions if the head is damaged when it gets there:

i suppose you can find an other low-priced OPSL head maybe for repair it...

I am not able to get a replacement head for you for very cheap, certainly not for less than the auction price. So, that leaves one solution:

Have you even considered this? Have you done anything to progress this besides sending me emails with the same solution?

At this point, I see two possibilities:

• You file the insurance claim for $650 (the amount you approved)
    • You try to repair the head...

Also I would like to make a note about the LBO, Nd:YVO4, and mirror which you claim is missing.

I'll take the Nd:YVO4 (150$), LBO (125$) and Mirror (50$).
    I'll pay this Items (325$) when the packet arrived, per Paypal.
    Please pack the Nd:YVO4, LBO, Mirror together with the other stuff.
    These parts were sent to Andres with the package under the agreement that he would pay for them once they arrived. That being said, I am still owed money for the Nd:YVO4 crystal ($150). I have already said that because the LBO arrived damaged, you do not need to pay for it. I do not know where the mirror is, but if you are claiming it is missing, then it was either lost by customs, or by you. Either way, that means that you need to file an insurance claim for the missing mirror.

So, at this point, I would like to request that you send me $150 to my paypal, you have my email.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Just curious if this was ever resolved for future reference?

I'm going with a no..

Thumbs down

Ben please don't mix the facts...

To reminder:

I have bought from ebay a working OPSL:

This particular unit produces 7W of 532nm light at a pump diode current of 40A.
    The only things required to get this system working are some of the AC input wiring, basic soldering skills, and laser safety.
    I never claimed that the case was opened by customs.

And I never said the head was shipped with taken apart.

See my last e-mail:

I have talked with the customs declaration center from swisspost, they have not Tools to open the head.

And I have talked with the customs, they donīt opened the the head.

Last week I'have measured the temperatures of LBO and BRF, the TECs don't worked!!
    Then I have checked all wirings and found many faults in there.
    By the way, the custom or the center donīt soldering wirings up and adjust potentiometers...

I can't believe you that you have the head full aligned and Driver adjusted.

I wouldn't send it back because I'm not sure that you can repair it.

And my deal was / is: You give me 3500$ back and then I try to repair the head, when it works i will give you 1000$ back.

It's also ok when you give me 2000$ back...

Have you done anything to progress this besides sending me emails with the same solution?
    Yes I have done something:
    - I'have corrected all the faults of the wiring.
    - Adjust the temperatures
    - Check the align
    - Bought some new equipment to can repair the head

But a importent thing is the Coherent test data sheet that i haven't.

Please scan the "Paper copy of Coherent test data sheet"
    and send me per e-mail.

And please file the insurance claim to USPS, I can't do it, it must do the shipper.
    (For the cracked LBO and these missing items: Shutter, Mirror, 2 Alu rods, Cable Diode driver -> Laser Head)

I only want that, that I bought from you: a working OPSL

And the 150$ are really peanuts...

Quote Originally Posted by andres View Post
    Ben please don't mix the facts...
    Right okay....

I never claimed that the case was opened by customs.
    So what did you mean in your Private Message you sent to me on June 3rd when you said:

Quote Originally Posted by andres
    Yes the paket was opened by customs. :-(

And I never said the head was shipped with taken apart.
    Really, so there is no problem with then head then?

I have talked with the customs declaration center from swisspost, they have not Tools to open the head.
    Please refer to post #16:

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    I've had Swiss customs destroy stuff with inch allen key casings before. They are mad keen on enforcing their 1 mW limits there.
    And I have talked with the customs, they donīt opened the the head.
    According to who? The person who actually inspected the package, or to some secretary in a cubical somewhere?

By the way, the custom or the center donīt soldering wirings up and adjust potentiometers...
    The person who used the controllers before me to test a couple other heads also claims that they worked fine and were wired correctly...

And my deal was / is: You give me 3500$ back and then I try to repair the head, when it works i will give you 1000$ back.

It's also ok when you give me 2000$ back...
    Right... And tell me why I would do that again? You could just claim that it never worked, or never pay me the money back if it did work, kinda like you are refusing to pay me money now...

Yes I have done something:
    - I'have corrected all the faults of the wiring. Which never existed
    - Adjust the temperatures Which were adjusted before you "fixed" the wiring
    - Check the align Which you already established by noticing the head rattles (after you took it apart...)
    - Bought some new equipment to can repair the head This has nothing to do with this at all, that is your choice to buy the tools...
    But a importent thing is the Coherent test data sheet that i haven't.

Please scan the "Paper copy of Coherent test data sheet"
    and send me per e-mail.
    I already have, the power/current curves are all available in the documentation I sent you.

And please file the insurance claim to USPS, I can't do it, it must do the shipper.
    (For the cracked LBO and these missing items: Shutter, Mirror, 2 Alu rods, Cable Diode driver -> Laser Head)
    So you will agree to give all of the items in the boxes to the shipping company right?

And the 150$ are really peanuts...

Good, than it shouldn't be too hard for you to pay me it....
    CLICKY!!!

3 sides to EVERY story....

Person 1's side.
    Person 2's side.

and then the truth.

BOTH of you seem to be getting caught in discrepancies.

Ben-
    I ship multi-thousand dollar orders all over the world at least once a week. I have been doing this for the past 5 years. In 5 years i have had *maybe* 2-3 problems which seem to happen to you on every single shipment. You need to start learning (and im not being sarcastic. im being serious) how to pack and ship products. it seems very elementary, but whatever you are doing now, is obviously not working. I personally don't think you do *any* of this to be a jerk or to be dishonest. i think you are just way too quick to sell that next big thing.

-Intnl orders get shipped via fed-ex/UPS at FULL VALUES and insured. If the customer doesnt want to pay that, then they simply dont buy the item. PERIOD. If they dont want to pay the duties and/or taxes, then unless i know you, you arent buying my product.
    -Take pictures of an item WORKING PRior to shipping. (with a dated picture or document in the frame)
    -INSURE the item! ALWAYS!!!
    -Take pictures of your package PACKED! again with a dated document in the frame. I usually just use the Invoice or receipt for the sale.

I have almost a full hard drive full of pics and supporting documents of EVERY shipment that ever left CT. Lasers. If an order is $150 or more, it gets this same treatment. Intnl orders, ALWAYS get this treatment.

Andres-

Customs will *never* admit to you if they opened something up. Especially an item itself. Thats like asking a thief if they just stole something.

I am sorry that this is happenening to you. I can just imagine your frustration. But it does seemto me that ben has offered some compromising solutions or help. It honestly seems to me that customs is responsible for most of this fiasco.

I dont think this OPSL head had ANY problems with it before shipment. Because he contacted me about it also to purchase (before it went on ebay i think). And i dont play these games and ben knows that. if this showed up to my place not working, i would be at his door step watching him fix the laser. So, i really dont think the laser was shipped defective.

hopefully you 2 work this out.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    3 sides to EVERY story....

Person 1's side.
    Person 2's side.

and then the truth.

BOTH of you seem to be getting caught in discrepancies.
    Couldn't agree more...

Ben-
    I ship multi-thousand dollar orders all over the world at least once a week. I have been doing this for the past 5 years. In 5 years i have had *maybe* 2-3 problems which seem to happen to you on every single shipment.

You ONLY hear about the ones with problems, I ship a LOT more packaged then ever show up on here with problems. People don't take the time to write a good review most of the time, they generally only take the time when there is a bad review.... (And incase you are wondering, this is the only shipping issue in this thread, Diachi decided he couldn't pay the import taxes and left the package sitting with ParcelForce under the assumption it would get returned, it never did and he got me to split the cost of the item with me so "Nobody would lose")...

I have 138 positive feedback on eBay, only two people were unhappy with their items, one was replaced, and the other person never accepted a refund. You have heard about 3 Transactions here... Please don't just jump to the conclusion that "every single shipment" has a problem....

You need to start learning (and im not being sarcastic. im being serious) how to pack and ship products. it seems very elementary, but whatever you are doing now, is obviously not working. I personally don't think you do *any* of this to be a jerk or to be dishonest. i think you are just way too quick to sell that next big thing.

Unless you had a person carry the item PERSONALLY to Andres, it could not have been packed better, it was packed inside a foam lined pelican style case lined with antistatic foam, the case was then wrapped in 3-4 inches of bubble wrap on ALL sides and packed inside the box. Please tell me how I could have packed that ANY better?

-Intnl orders get shipped via fed-ex/UPS at FULL VALUES and insured. If the customer doesnt want to pay that, then they simply dont buy the item. PERIOD. If they dont want to pay the duties and/or taxes, then unless i know you, you arent buying my product. '

As I have explained multiple times, Switzerland, as a country, only allows purchaces to be insured for a maximum of $650USD. I cheched with UPS and FedEx and both gave me the same story. I was unable to find anything about it on their website, but here is a page on USPS showing this...
    http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ps_039.htm (Scroll down to "Insurance" On Express/Priority Mail....)
    Additionally the package was declared for the full value of the item inside, not a marked down value.

-Take pictures of an item WORKING PRior to shipping. (with a dated picture or document in the frame)

There were pictures of the laser after I aligned it, they showed it with the head cover open, for that reason, I did not post them because I did not want the first impression of everyone to be "Oh Look, this idiot opened the laser head, it could be damaged now" I still said in my listing that the diode had been replaced in the unit, and that the head had been opened...

-INSURE the item! ALWAYS!!!

Both Packaged Were, for the full value allowed.

-Take pictures of your package PACKED! again with a dated document in the frame. I usually just use the Invoice or receipt for the sale.

I did not take a picture of it packed, but that is a very good idea, I will do that next time.

Andres-

Customs will *never* admit to you if they opened something up. Especially an item itself. Thats like asking a thief if they just stole something.

Is there any proof you actually talked to customs?

I am sorry that this is happenening to you. I can just imagine your frustration. But it does seemto me that ben has offered some compromising solutions or help. It honestly seems to me that customs is responsible for most of this fiasco.

My solution still stands, I will look at the head and see if it can be repaired, if it can, I will repair it and send it back, otherwise, I will send it back. My conditions are that YOU pay for shipping and insurance up front (AKA before you send me the head).

I dont think this OPSL head had ANY problems with it before shipment. Because he contacted me about it also to purchase (before it went on ebay i think). And i dont play these games and ben knows that. if this showed up to my place not working, i would be at his door step watching him fix the laser. So, i really dont think the laser was shipped defective.

I offered it to quite a few people who I know are not to be fucked with. Do you really think I am going to offer a broken laser head to major US members of this forum? Do you think that because it didn't end up going to them I am going to take it apart, just for you?

hopefully you 2 work this out.

Fingers crossed...

-Marc
    CLICKY!!!

Arrrghhh another Laser Ben Drama ...even a thread trying to be positive about him ends up turning sour !

"You need to start learning (and im not being sarcastic. im being serious)"

Hes been told that in a few other threads and doesnt seem to be listening ....

" personally don't think you do *any* of this to be a jerk or to be dishonest "

I used to think that , even said that having been on the end of his tactics , thats the thing i beleive its all tactics by him now to maxmise income from broken equpment ..how many times have we heard about couriers and shipping agents , its all their fault , every time

Bah , he aint worth the breath
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Clue-By-four!!!

It's people like Ben and Chris that make it so hard to do business in used lasers. You never know what you're getting or more importantly if the person you're dealing with is an honest businessperson. There are SO many documented occurrences of people being ripped off, yet everyone still just shrugs it off: "Well, he's not doing this on purpose, he's just the unluckiest guy ever in the entire recorded history of the world." I'm sorry, I don't really want to take a side with this but in the time I've been around I've heard horror story after horror story. Personally I have real issues believing that all these reported occurrences are just a long string of accidents, and I think that continuously ignoring the obvious is doing nothing to help the situation. How long is the naivety to last? If Ben has repeatedly been involved in questionable transactions, he should be disallowed from selling here and people should be warned publically, kind of like the whole laserworld thing.