Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to clean mirrors

Default What's the best way to clean mirrors

Hey all I know that this maybe a newbie question but I'm just wondering what people out there use to clean their mirrors. Gettin a little dirty hurting my output.

Thanks Kyle

first contact

http://www.laser-wave.co.uk/

under other
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I use 90% isopropyl alcohol and medical swabs myself.. works great. Just got to be careful how much pressure you apply if we're talking about galvo mirrors.

with first contact you dont need to apply pressure
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

As in you don't need to touch the mirror at all? With anything? Because the instant anything touches the mirror, no matter how small or light, you're applying pressure which is what I was referring to..
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 03-12-2010 at 15:27.

isopropyl alcohol for dust, and medical grade methanol if there is grease or fume deposits

First contact is applied using a brush - not dissimilar to nail varnish brush, so the only pressure is from the bristles. Once its gone off you contact the mirror with a siticky label or tape and peel away along the axis of the scanner shaft therefore not putting any force on it. If the polymer has been left long enough it will peel off so easily you will think it cant have come off with so little effort needed.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    First contact is applied using a brush - not dissimilar to nail varnish brush, so the only pressure is from the bristles. Once its gone off you contact the mirror with a siticky label or tape and peel away along the axis of the scanner shaft therefore not putting any force on it. If the polymer has been left long enough it will peel off so easily you will think it cant have come off with so little effort needed.
    Rob
    Sounds dangerous to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    Sounds dangerous to me.....
    dangerous??

i dont think you will lose an eye or finger doing it!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.