Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New laser diode driver design.

Yea, omitting the pot would be nice, however it's like you said, still a prototype (at least on my end ^^). I suspect I should remodel the layout entirely when I get the LM359's anyway, to optimize the leads for 400Mhz, adding caps and maybe change some values on the resistors for the huge increase of speed. Anything to avoid unwanted oscillation really, and then pick away on it piece by piece, also adding connectors for optional TEC-thermostat chip and other "could be useful"-stuff, maybe. -If I end up adding optional modules I'll most likely also make some sort of remote control with programmable lcd readings.

Post deleted, to avoid time wasting.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 04-20-2010 at 11:28.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    What are you going to do, modulate analog video onto it?

I strongly suggest go minimal. After all, that's the basis of modules, no?

TEC circuit is a nice idea though, I want to do that. I did do it with a small bank of LM317's (can you tell I like those yet? ), but I haven't done anything really good with TEC's. My intended laser build will just shove a steady DC voltage across them and let thermal monitoring protect the diode facets from overdrive. I like it brutishly simple, there's a sort of elegance to that.
    Haha, nah, no video stuff. Just figured there's lots of options to work on while I try to save cash for lasers A wireless 5" touchscreen (either RF or bluetooth) could have tons of uses , especially if you add a keylock, emergency switch and preset lightprogram shortcut interfacing to it with a flashreader. Even adding a cheapo survillance-cam in the projector housing could be cool, but that's gonna have to wait, hehe.

Here's a 3d rendering of my (your) original layout. The big blue blocks are the trimpots.
    Finally managed to get the 3d view working in ultiboard =) -For some reason it refuses to show the holes though... oh well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spice Original 3d&.jpg  

Post deleted, to avoid time wasting.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 04-20-2010 at 11:28.