Thread: Laserscope KTP in oven / adjustable mount

Default Laserscope KTP in oven / adjustable mount

The surplus gods have dropped a box of Laserscope parts in my lap including a couple of KTP oven / adjustable mount assemblies each with a new KTP crystal installed. These are identical to the assy in the KTP/532 units I've worked on, but I think they were actually made for 80W Gemini systems (most of the rest of the stuff in the box was for Gemini's)

I thought I'd offer them here before sticking them up on eBay. $500 (ea) + shipping and a note from Jon, Steve or Pat vouching for your ability to work on a Laserscope without hurting yourself or others.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laserscope.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	57155

OMG, this is such an old post, but I know you are still around. I have the deck from a Laserscope Gemini I wanted to use the diode and optics out of.

Can you tell me what voltage the vertical stack diode runs off for full current?

What is the normal full output of that diode in this system, 700 watts?

How much 1064 nm can be had out of the rod?

I have the deck with the silver metal rod holder, photo attached. If you can help with some of these questions it would be greatly appreciated, I'm googing for the answers, but so far no success.

Chris
    Last edited by LaserHobbyist; 10-09-2020 at 11:18.

The diode stack will be about 1.8V times the number of diodes in the stack (they're wired in series). I've seen 6, 7 and 8 diodes in the stacks. They are 80 or 100W per bar. Threshold is probably 20A or more and full power at >100A. Do NOT run these without flowing water. I think the Gemini system was run pulsed, but the HPS looks very similar and is rated 120W. Likely 2X that in 1064, but the OC is HR1064 so you'll need to swap it for something that lets some of the fundamental out. It's a concave mirror (-500mm if I recall) so not an easy one to find a replacement for.

Great, thank you so much, I need to keep digging for more info, but I don't know what more to ask at the moment. If you or anyone has more info to add about the Laserscope Gemini system, please post. I have a photo which was provided by a member some months ago, it was an early attempt to show the beam path which he told me wasn't fully correct. Can anyone here see where it went wrong?

Link to that photo: https://ibb.co/CPX3Jcm

If anyone sees another one of these, just the deck, or parts, please let me know.