Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Weird Computer Question

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Auburn, Washington
    Posts
    824

    Default

    It seems to be working fine for me now. No redirects.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    off of google?

    15 chars
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    ya I am still getting the redirect...

    ok tomorrow if I have time at work I will setup a machine behind a packet sniffer and capture all the traffic from googling it to the redirect to googleing it again to see exactly whats happening... but I am 99% certain at this point that its a server problem...

    google gains nothing by redirecting you to chinese spammer/hacker pages

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    Frank-

    thanks so much man!! i just tried it again and *didnt* get the redirect. I wonder if they did something at 1and1.

    how long ago did you try?
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


  5. #25
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,835

    Default

    looks good here, too.

    i'll bet 1and1 made some changes behind the scenes.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    tried it just now on another machine with a different WAN link, no redirect...

    they probably fixed it silently... unfortunately the way these things go if they admit it was their fault then they could be liable etc... so the "nope must have been a fluke" response is normal... and one I often have to give at work lol

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    Thanks swami and frank so much for your help!! well, thanks everyone. i appreciate it. it *seems* like they fixed whatever they needed to fix.

    If anyone wants to try in a day or so or whenever and let me know, that would be great.

    thanks again everyone!

    -Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    not a problem

    I've been dealing with similar situations quite a bit lately unfortunately... quite a pain in the ass I assure you!

    we get it on an entirely different scale due to the size and complexity of our websites and datacenter... but hey, job security right?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    I just tried Marc and got re-directed.

    BTW its "search heaven" not seahaven.

    I'm sure I've seen this before on Google so I'm guessing its a mistake at their end.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Auburn, Washington
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Marc - try downloading and running Hitman Pro 3.5 and then try your search and see if you get redirects.

    I didn't get any redirects after running Hitman Pro and it only found a couple of issues (that malwarebytes did not find).

    Interesting.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •