Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PM's i received regarding Arctos Patent

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I have seen the laser projector at the Kvant stand.

It used RGB laser modules to make a white beam, The it was shoot trough I think was a color wheel, but it also increased the divergence so it made a 2cm spot after 15cm.

I think in this box there is a DLP chip making the image. But because the white light was coherent the beamer was aways in focus.

The brightness was very limited, after 1 meter distance the picture was hardly visible.

So who got a old DLP beamer who want to tryout my idea to see if it works
    back in the day, I shot a single color laser into a DLP it works...go to TI.com they have development kits for around $1500 or so...or go buy an old presentation projector and rip it apart. We found that the image was better if we scrambled the beam through a fiber optic cable before expanding it into the light pipe.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    back in the day, I shot a single color laser into a DLP it works...go to TI.com they have development kits for around $1500 or so...or go buy an old presentation projector and rip it apart. We found that the image was better if we scrambled the beam through a fiber optic cable before expanding it into the light pipe.
    Good stuff I agree it seems to be an incredibly inefficient use of laser power!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'll have to look, but somewhere there is a patent for combining three diodes, running them into a X-Y pair, and using software such as Pangolin(tm) to control it... I saw it, was ROFLOLMAO as the application date was well after I had seen diode projectors in commercial sale.

While we are on the subject of patents and copyrights, read this one for a hoot:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...77fe77ad472d5#

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I'll have to look, but somewhere there is a patent for combining three diodes, running them into a X-Y pair, and using software such as Pangolin(tm) to control it... I saw it, was ROFLOLMAO as the application date was well after I had seen diode projectors in commercial sale.

While we are on the subject of patents and copyrights, read this one for a hoot:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...77fe77ad472d5#

Steve
    hehe, hacking devices is fun... some companies dont take very kindly to it... /\/\otorola is famous for having people "picked up" at amateur radio conventions with hacked radios... all it takes is a few bits and your $1000 radio becomes a $3000 radio?

Also it,s funny when you want to buy something as a hobbyist from a big company like arctos they ask top money for their product. But if you decide to build it yourself and some PL members are getting quite good in it then suddenly they have problems with that. I think that bigger companies like Kvant, arctos and coherent should stop asking top money if you ask for 1 laser instead of 200 a month. They say you are not realy interesting anymore now they are big. But a few years ago they crawld for each customer that Knocked on their door. So Andy go for it thats my opinion!!!

The reaction of arctos is making me want to post the photos I have about the internal designs of some arctos models...

But I think I wont.

Suddenly i feel like 8 years old again. Please, post it please please please

POST IT ! I dare you....
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

For a number of reasons I'm having a hard time believing Bob M is from either Arctos or their agent/rep/patent lawyers...

Post the pics dude!

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    The reaction of arctos is making me want to post the photos I have about the internal designs of some arctos models...

But I think I wont.
    why wouldnt you...its no biggie
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.