Thread: Which resistor MOD for the 105

Default Which resistor MOD for the 105

I have several laser including the 110 and 105.

I have been playing with the 110 and have some good results. I also have a hot 105 putting out about 35mw with the pot mod. I intend to do a resistor mod but I am torn between the 2 different one I have seen.

Mod 1 is the mod which involves changing the resistors either side of the pot.

Mod2 is the mod which lowers the value of the 500 ohm resistor in series with the diode.

I have never seen a discussion of Mod1 vs Mod2 yet.... What do you all think.

Gold

Forget about touching the .5ohm resistor.
    if you mess with that you will more than not kill your laser.

the best mod is to change the resistor below the pot if you are looking at the board with the diode to your right,
    you can short that one for max effect.

Take a look at the schematic that is posted. It might give you a better idea of what is being done
    this is for the 105 only
    Those who stand for nothing, Will fall for anything.

Hi All

Did the MOD and alls OK.

The beam is a lot brighter than just with the pot mod, and it now pops baloons which is good I guess. I tried measuring by the LED method (that must be really hit and miss) and it can in at about 48mw.

I have 3 more 105s on the way so I will try some mods on those.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks Bengal

Gold

As I was taking picures today I thought I would add an image for this post as well.

Thanks to Bengal and Spec for the help.

Gold

Gabriel Guest

So you actually have got a response for modding the 110s, Goldmagnet? Your'e 100% positive on this?

If so, could you help me mod some 110s myself?

~Gabriel

Yes the 110s can produce good power (100% positive), but I am no laser expert.

My favorites are definatly the Atlas Novas, which seem very solid to me. The 110s are a bit too "refined" for me, but I am still trying.

My splitbeam module is from a 110, and I dont seem to be able to kill it, it is not my most powerfull green but it is still greater than 35mw (burns black plastic etc). The splitbeam module has the feedback sensor removed, 2 resistor mods, and the capactior mod (this is what causes the mode hop).

I have 2 new 110s, which I hope to start modding today so I will give a step by step score of output Vs mod (given time).

I intend to keep one of the 110s standard to act as a control for the purpose of comparison beam shoots. I am not going to do any realignments, just the driver mods. Following this I will mod the "control" with lasermods "stage 4" and compare the results to the 110 with the driver mods..

Remember if you take a 110 apart always remove the clear plastic LED guide first, otherwise you can break the PCB. If you do go inside can you confirm if the plastic PCB holder is manually cut on one side (very rough), all 4 of the 110s I have dismatled have a very "hacked about" PCB holder.

Have you got a 110 there to play with ?

Regards

Gold

If you come up with a schematic for the 110 would be apreciated.
    I do have some pics of the 110 board, but dont have much time to trace them out , and dont know where the via's are (go from one side to the other)
    once a schematic is made a shure fire mod can be devised.

Bengal

I seem to be making so many promises that I must get down to doing something......

I will start a detailed examination of the board, lets see if I can map it.

Regards

Gold

PS Conrgrats in being 100

Yes there sonny, I remember those days. hehe.. when you had a laser in a pen, now its standard on all paper clips.
    Those were the days.. yup yup.
    its been a long life.. might make another 100 years.

posts??? oh..

OK So I did a step by step tonight, a bit rushed but I hope its OK.

Heres how to get good power out of a 110.

http://photonlexicon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92

Regards

Gold