Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 10mW 473nm Single Mode DPSS Laser System

PM sent Ben.. do you or do you not have a tracking number? Let me know one way or the other..
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 04-09-2010 at 05:57.

Hey Pat,

Tracking number is 05071692529015003070
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Many thanks Ben! You the man..

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Hey Pat,

Tracking number is 05071692529015003070
    //warning thread jack

Urgh, dont you just hate the wording from USPS "The U.S. Postal Service has received electronic notification from our Automated Postal Center (APC) in CUPERTINO, CA 95014 on April 8, 2010 to expect your shipment for mailing. "

That means that they cannot say that you dropped it off even though you used an automated system at their post office.

Thats almost as bad as "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 8, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. "

They really need to mandate "tracking" instead of delivery confirmation. Dont even get me started on buying insurance with their click and ship online. You must provide proof of drop off to validate a claim yet the number sequence in an insurance delivery confirmation number is unable to be scanned at the desk of the post office. The only scanners that are able to accept an insurance delivery confirmation number package are the delivery drivers hand scanners and then that is not concidered acceptable either.

Our post office is just a big scam

Nothing bad has happened to me lately, I just get tired of the barrage of e-mails on eBay from buyers saying "it says you didnt drop off the package"

//end rant and thread jack

The generally don't scan it until it actually leaves the facility or arrives at the next facility. It was put in the drop off shoot, so I don't know when they will actually scan it.
    CLICKY!!!

yeah, as much as I insist on tracking, there have been a couple packages I've received lately that have reached me before USPS had updated their tracking info even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    The generally don't scan it until it actually leaves the facility or arrives at the next facility. It was put in the drop off shoot, so I don't know when they will actually scan it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    yeah, as much as I insist on tracking, there have been a couple packages I've received lately that have reached me before USPS had updated their tracking info even once.
    yeh, here is a package I shipped two days ago. The buyer e-mailed me constantly saying i didnt ship it blah blah, all for a $15 item with free shipping.
    http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...82300098294984

wow, look it arrived near his home last night. If i didnt ship it till today, how did it arrive from North Carolina to California at 1:30am. Just as Ben stated, it gets scanned at the next facility

i find its sometimes better to pay for shipping at the post office (international sales) as they have to scan it when postage is paid. also the small flat rate priorty box does not have tracking....
    its a real bargin but you have to sit on the edge of your seat untill its delivered.......
    Last edited by holokidd; 04-10-2010 at 05:41.

My laser arrived perfectly packaged and in fine shape. Fired right up and makes just over it's rated power.

Thanks Ben!!

EDIT: The laser seems to stabilize at TEM01/TEM02. Definitely not single transverse mode...
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 04-12-2010 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    EDIT: The laser seems to stabilize at TEM01/TEM02. Definitely not single transverse mode...
    Pat,

Send me a picture of the beam. I have several here and I will replace it if you would like.

Regards,
    Ben
    CLICKY!!!