Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: FS: 10mW 473nm Single Mode DPSS Laser System

Yoo hoo... Ben!!

I've posted the pics you requested and PMed you about a replacement.. no reply. Do you have a system that stays at TEM00 after it stabilizes? If so, I would like to exchange this one for it.

Quote Originally Posted by holokidd View Post
    did the pins look bent like this?
    Just like that,,, only worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Yoo hoo... Ben!!

I've posted the pics you requested and PMed you about a replacement.. no reply. Do you have a system that stays at TEM00 after it stabilizes? If so, I would like to exchange this one for it.
    Yeah, same here.

Shock horror!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I've posted the pics you requested and PMed you about a replacement.. no reply.
    hrmm, that seems odd

Yeah.. I'm aware of Ben's sterling reputation as a forthright businessperson. I have limited firsthand experience dealing with him myself, though, so we'll see how things go for 300EVIL and I. He did PM me just a little while ago to let me know he has a suitable replacement.. that's a good start.

this is very interesting......
    because the units i got from the seller(my second batch) had numerous injuries as shown, so how is it ben tested this unit befor bending the pins stright ? Its funny as i told the seller about this condition, i gave him warning "some kid will get his hands on it and try and plug it in and blow the power supply up", little did i know! anyway the next batch (the 3rd),they arrived with extra protection on the pins........

so did these pins (and the pins on my units),get mysteriously bent in the same place or did Ben not even look your unit over?

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Sure, you can buy unguaranteed, untested units that may or may not do 5mW for cheap, or you can spend extra and get one that is tested and guaranteed to make 10mW.
    ben, i was actually gaining a lot of faith in you but it really does seem like you didnt test the lasers you sold. Pot called the kettle black, i hope not, you have been doing so well and bringing a lot to the forum as of late

i want to be wrong on this

I think the biggest problem was packaging. Both laser head and power supply were on the bottom of the box by the time it got to me. I bet the the laser worked fine before it got G shocked during shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Shock horror!
    Mr. packing?

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...highlight=smog

Lex

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I think the biggest problem was packaging. Both laser head and power supply were on the bottom of the box by the time it got to me. I bet the the laser worked fine before it got G shocked during shipping.
    still, thats just as bad. do people not realize these package fall off 20 foot conveyor belts. I sell stuff all the time and have one had one packaging incident in the last couple years. I even take great care for little $15 items with only $1.50 to ship an item tracked