Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: How to configure spaghetti with sound card dac?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    you're using either vista 64 or win7 64 right? The newer 64-bit OSes won't take unsigned drivers at all. To use unsigned drivers you need either winXP or a 32bit version of Vista or Win7..

    If you tell Gary you're uninstalling your original Spaghetti install, he'll give you another license for a different computer. You can only have one license active at a time..

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Ok I got the driver to work on the 64-bit PC. I made a wav in laserboy and tried again. Same as last time, nothing happened. Maybe it has something to do with the projector itself?

    Here is a picture on the setup:

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Did you build the board or did 300EVIL? Also, does the projector have a switch to go from DMX to PC control? If so, it might be on the rear panel..

    Another thing to look at is the orientation of the op-amps. If they're backwards obviously things won't work quite right..
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 04-08-2010 at 11:49.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    311

    Default

    300EVIL built and tuned the board.

    From the projector manual:
    When the ILDA interface connected to exterior console, light will automatic change to exterior control mode, and needn't to convert switch.
    But as I've said, nothing happens when I plug in the ILDA cable, the mode doesn't even change (still sound active)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    For future reference, can you share how you got the driver to work in 64 bit win 7?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI.
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    Ah! Could be that the projector needs to see the interlock loop to switch form DMX to ILDA. This was the case on Aidan's projector with my board. In this case, throw a jumper between point "4" and "GND" on the AUDIOLASE board. I'm pretty sure this is your problem.

    Like this...

    Last edited by 300EVIL; 04-08-2010 at 12:37.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    For future reference, can you share how you got the driver to work in 64 bit win 7?
    I used a version hosted on your site, this one I think: http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/EzAudDac/Cmedia_USB/
    It appears that driver had a signature.

    @300EVIL: Ah sweet! I'll try that tomorrow. thanks.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Well it didn't work.. But I found something else: I don't know much about DB25 cables ,but I tried measuring continuity in the cable, and it turns out NONE of the pins were connected, except one pair, nr 25. That means the cable's broken right?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Lots of serial cables I have worked with before are NOT "pass through" cables, IE some cross over, some loop back etc.

    For example PIN1 may go to PIN3 the other side, or pins 1 and 2 maybe be looped and not even go to the other end.

    Make sure you have / get a cable that goes 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc.

    Also as Adam said, I’m interfacing with my DMX player board, I had to short pins 4 and 17 to make the player board switch to ILDA input.

    I’m using HE-Laser scan, also try LFI Player if you struggle with HE-LS. just for testing.
    Regards,

    Aidan

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Ok, I got a new cable and it actually fixed something. The projector now changes to ILDA mode when I plug in the cable, but there is still no output. One time I plugged it in there was a single green dot not moving, but that was when I wasn't even playing any shows. .

    As you can see in this picture I'm not measuring anything on the points going to the DB25 cable, except one: the "misc out" has varying voltage like one would expect from the other channels..

    I'm so tired of this.. I just want it to work..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •