Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: CAR REMOTE KEY Mini SPY HIDDEN DVR CAMERA

So my 808 did not come with a card but I finally found a way to use it.

My Trucks 2 O2 sensors keep going out and there is something before the O2 causing them to go bad. The shitty codes they put in the truck won't give me any other clues using a cheap code reader and a detail code diagnostics.

So we are hitting things up one by one. Fuel pressure, air pressure leaks and that kind of stuff.

We wanted to test these pressures while driving the truck at different speeds. My dad and I were going to rig the gauges with hoses so that we could watch them inside the truck while driving but that seemed really difficult to get a good reading.

So here is where I will finally be able to try out this camera.

I am going to duck tape it to the top of the air filter housing with a super bright LED flashlight. (To bad I don't have that red diode out of the Casio's lol)

Anyways. We will then tape the test gauges in sight of the camera and start it to see if what readings we get on the freeway and on roads to see if there is any loss of pressure.

Lots of things that could cause this.

Blown out power steering line dumping fluid into the line of the sensors
    Fuel Pressure leak
    Bad Fuel filter (sucks cause its built into the gas tank)
    MAP sensor
    Air leak
    ect.

I'm hoping this crazy idea works but it should be fun rigging it together lol

I'm thinking I might get one as a dash cam.

Does anyone know how much of the 8GB card is used up in an hour?

I was thinking, you can now buy USB chargers that plug into your cars cigarette lighter so if you wanted it for in car use I wonder if you could use one of these and having it charging during use. Would extend the battery life considerably.

To dig up an old thread, have you seen these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MD80-Mini-DV-D...item4cf227b77e

Loads of sellers are selling them on ebay.

Look quite versatile and 2 hrs working time.

Could potenitally clip to a sunshade for in car use.

Only thing that worries me is the sentance "may take some time to save files".

makes me question if it can do 2 hours continuos or only short periods with saving break.