Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Some FREE iShow Frames

Exclamation A lot of little birdies watching you now, LOL

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 10:41.

I owe no apology or explanation to you or anyone else here. I have apologized for my part in this to those who I owe it to, and that's that. I did not steal the frames, and if I do own some of them then it's because they are part of Quickshow, which I paid hard-earned cash for myself directly from Bill. I do not own the dropbox that the above mentioned frames came from. What I did do was post a link to them which I found right here in this thread, which was admittedly my fault.. You can go f*ck yourself. You're like the worst form of leech Laser_Wizardry. You read and absorb, but give nothing back to the forum.

Admin can ban me any time. It's all good, but I have done my part by immediately removing the link that I posted, publicly apologizing to anyone that was wronged by my re-posting the link, and offering my assurance that I will be more mindful of where the data I share comes from. Unlike some other people here, I am capable of admitting my wrongs at least sometimes. If you want more from me, it ain't happening. You can all watch me to your hearts content.. hell you all know I put on quite a show.. but it isn't going to include any groveling or ass-kissing. To err is human.. I'm human. I make mistakes and I learn from them. That's all I owe you, society or the universe.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 12-09-2010 at 15:36.

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 10:44. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    Second of all, Let's set a few things straight-

Those who know me know that I help many forum members here and freely share many "insider secrets" of the laser light show industry.
    I personally can say, Karl gives back to the community, PL ain't the only place photons can fly. A lot happens behind the scenes, old fashioned phone calls, email, and IRC... Karl keep up the good work!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I'm scratching my head a bit on this one. Go to ebay and type ishow and 80 or so ishow or ishow related auctions come up. Each one comes with a CD of these pirated ILDA files. Am I going to be reported to ILDA for mentioning this? I just don't get it.

^

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I personally can say, Karl gives back to the community, PL ain't the only place photons can fly. A lot happens behind the scenes, old fashioned phone calls, email, and IRC... Karl keep up the good work!

-Adam
    You're right there is.. there's stuff that you don't know about too. Karl here and and Steve and other guys here on PL aren't the only people who share their knowledge.. there are many others behind the scenes helping people too.. I can speak from firsthand experience. There are people that I owe a great deal to that have never even heard of photonlexicon. That's why I don't cry too hard when I think about the fact that some of the folks here aren't helping me.

Anyway, I only posted at first to point out the original location of the frames in question. I have nothing more to say about that to anyone here. Ta.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 12-09-2010 at 17:17.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Admin can ban me any time.
    I'll be damned, you are right and I completely forgot. Thanks for the heads up!

LOL. To quote Little Britain, what a kerfuffle.

Just curious as to frame IP. If I create a new effect from a Pangolin frame, can I share that? What about sharing a show using Pangolin frames?

Many thanks.

Wayne.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    LOL. To quote Little Britain, what a kerfuffle.

Just curious as to frame IP. If I create a new effect from a Pangolin frame, can I share that? What about sharing a show using Pangolin frames?

Many thanks.

Wayne.
    No, you cannot share the modified or transformed frame unless it is with othe Pangolin users. I had an email discussion with Bill Brenner about this awhile back. My public policy is that I don't share anything with anyone unless I know it is shareable.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I'm scratching my head a bit on this one. Go to ebay and type ishow and 80 or so ishow or ishow related auctions come up. Each one comes with a CD of these pirated ILDA files. Am I going to be reported to ILDA for mentioning this? I just don't get it.

this is a truly valid question to me. and the answer depends on the legal system in the country that this "mentioning" is made. in general, it is overwhelmingly difficult to prove intention in such cases i.e. to prove that someone deliberately and knowingly spread this "stolen" material in a court of law. there is no fixed answer that applies worlwide, it all boils down to local legislation

whoever is harmed should go after the seller, who then will turn them towards the supplier, who then will turn them towards the manufacturer.

in no way the end user should be harrased, or have scare tactics used upon him.

go after ishow, report the sellers to ebay, fight piracy in general. i'm with you all the way. but the end user is the same as an innocent victim in a drive-by shooting (always under the assumption that he just purchased a product, not knowing that it contains pirated material)
    "its called character briggs..."