Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Some FREE iShow Frames

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Jon, Stop dancing on his virtual grave, its bad for your overall Karma.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Jon, Stop dancing on his virtual grave, its bad for your overall Karma.
    You're right, Steve... smart@$$ satire, retracted... ...But sorry, I don't retract the Thanks to Admin for relieving the community of the 'boil'... I think everyone would have been more than-happy to co-exist with him returning to be a 'normal' positively-contributing member, occasional 'innocuous sparring', withstanding... I'm sure there is still a 'good-guy in-there', somewhere...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I personally think EF is ok. He has been very helpful behind the scenes and has provided me with a stack of useful knowledge, advice, links etc over the past months.

The nature of the beast is outspoken, passionate and in your face it would appear. I wished he could have just handled this a little better, his absence comes at a cost due to his loss of input.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    I personally think EF is ok. He has been very helpful behind the scenes and has provided me with a stack of useful knowledge, advice, links etc over the past months.
    Agreed. But, unfortunately, it didn't take much to 'unleash Mr Hyde' - he sure could 'dish it out', but could not 'take it'... Some of his 'clusterkuf' tirades and 'baiting' people, just so he could 'mock' them for their reponses, ie: THIS redicuious thread ... is simply not 'why this forum exists'... they guy was just *never wrong*, one way or another...

...I'm 'grave dancing' again, aren't I? OK, I'll shut-up, now...
    peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post

The nature of the beast is outspoken, passionate and in your face it would appear. I wished he could have just handled this a little better, his absence comes at a cost due to his loss of input.
    And he still can be helpful here; In a month when the ban expires. However helpful he has been behind the scenes to you doesn't change the fact that he has been exceptionally rude up front and unbelievably undeniably vile behind the scenes.

Another phrase I take issue with in your post is as follows: "The nature of the beast" as used to describe this issue. He is a human being and is capable of being civil yet chooses not to. Passion and intensity has *nothing* to do with being an asshat.

If I talk to someone and say something they disagree with and respond with "Yea, well, go fuck yourself." I quit talking to that person. Period. That response is only slightly worse than "because I said so." in my book. That is *not* how things happen and that is not how progress is had.

I understand that he has been helpful to you. Thats fine. I also understand that he has on more than a dozen occasions said some seriously stupid and/or mean shit to other people here.

I also understand that PL is designed to facilitate open conversations. Helping "behind the scenes" is something this industry is known for and I will not stand for it. Sunlight *is* the best disinfectant and "private data" helps no one other than the person who holds it to the detriment of everyone else.

He has a long history here and the first half of it was civil and societally productive: That is the only reason why the ban is temporary. Now having said that: I am rapidly approaching the amount of bullshit I am willing to put up with and my justifications for not dropping the permanent ban hammer on the user account and every IP he has every connected with are being stretched way too thin.

Look, people get angry with me because I do not appear to move very quickly or effectively with regards to my administrative actions and I can understand that. From a purely black and white perspective - The decision to ban should be borderline immediate. My "fault" is that I try to install shades of grey everywhere and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Now I am running out of patience and I am a *very* patient person. I spend multiple hours a day here at PL trying to make things better and "drive this fucking boat". Most of my time involves eyeballing PL through a text editor and that perspective is wildly different than what the member here sees... So pardon me: I am putting a wrench to the plumbing here and if I have to stop someone who is throwing wrenches between the teeth of gears a couple decks up, I get quite displeased.

Now having said *all* of that: I would like to know how you would have dealt with the situation any differently. The same goes for anyone else who happens to stumble across this post and I promise that I will refrain from using the phrase "See, not that easy is it?"

Hi Admin. Please don't get me wrong, I was not disagreeing with your handing out of cluebyfour's (lol) I was simply stating it was a shame he bought this on himself.

I acknowledge this is your domain, we are guests in your domain. I would do the same in your shoes. Besides, he asked for on more than one level.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    No, you cannot share the modified or transformed frame unless it is with othe Pangolin users. I had an email discussion with Bill Brenner about this awhile back. My public policy is that I don't share anything with anyone unless I know it is shareable.
    ya well, Bill might be a lot of things but I don't believe he is a lawyer... a lot of the frames pangolin comes with are so generic that it could be reasoned that someone else could make a very similar drawing in another application

also some of the frames pangolin comes with are copyrighted logos that I kind of doubt they have the owners permission to distribute to begin with

Angry No piracy and behave

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Since a little birdie decided to cry to Pangolin about the fact that I shared a link to some ishow frames which for the record I did not know were property of Pangolin, I want to make sure that EVERYONE knows that I got the link from RIGHT HERE ON PL in this thread. I do not own or posess the frames myself. Next time one of the little PL "itty-bitty pee-pee" crowd (you know who you are) wants to point out the speck in my eye, they'd better observe the LOG in their own first.

Oh, and tattle-tails are bitches. Everyone knows that from 1st grade. Next time you're looking for "vengeance" because I made you mad with something I wrote online, just PM me for my number.. I'll tell you where you can find me and we can hash it out man to man. You might be surprised at how different some of us are when we're not trolling online. Maybe I'll even give you a number so you can get some counseling for the problem you have with taking things people say and do on the internet too seriously.

Now back to my stony silence.. I wouldn't have posted ever again here if it weren't for petty bitches who are all mad at me because I ran my mouth at them online.. get over it folks.. it's only the interwebz. When I call you names or dis your momma in person, that's when there's a problem. Everything else is just stupid online bullshit and should be treated accordingly.

Finally, and MOST IMPORTANTLY I'd like to make a public apology to Bill and Pangolin for re-posting the link. If the frames were stolen from them originally, then my re-posting hurts them and for that I apologize. As a paying customer of Pangolin, I have nothing but good things to say about the company and it's products.

And just in case something gets changed/deleted, here's the OP
    :
    The internet is not only for toying.
    You are responsible for your actions, and even though you get the chance to steal things doesn't mean you should.

People spend time on those frames, people work for that and that's real my "friend"

If there's one thing pissing me off its:
    People stealing work from others *for example frames*

and people thinking that when they pay for their internet they can say and do whatever they want, where they want it.

You are at the wrong site if you think that, this attitude *especially with helping in the piracy of laser frames can get you sued / arrested and WONT gain you any respect.
    If you are one of those persons: - I won't support you, I won't provide any help and respect to you.

*sarcasm* Thanks for being one of those people that shouldn't be on the PL *sarcasm*

Im not going into a discussion and Im not going to do that so called man to man thing, Use your brains and common sense and not your fists

Also: Things made for pangolin, are in ownership of pangolin (Unless told by the creator and said to pangolin themselves that they keep the rights ) it's as simple as that.

Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake or am wrong.
    But when we start talking about the piracy of frames I start to get a bit disturbed (this was also when I heard of it happening the first time)
    Last edited by masterpj; 12-14-2010 at 08:45.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I owe no apology or explanation to you or anyone else here. I have apologized for my part in this to those who I owe it to, and that's that. I did not steal the frames, and if I do own some of them then it's because they are part of Quickshow, which I paid hard-earned cash for myself directly from Bill. I do not own the dropbox that the above mentioned frames came from. What I did do was post a link to them which I found right here in this thread, which was admittedly my fault.. You can go f*ck yourself. You're like the worst form of leech Laser_Wizardry. You read and absorb, but give nothing back to the forum.

Admin can ban me any time. It's all good, but I have done my part by immediately removing the link that I posted, publicly apologizing to anyone that was wronged by my re-posting the link, and offering my assurance that I will be more mindful of where the data I share comes from. Unlike some other people here, I am capable of admitting my wrongs at least sometimes. If you want more from me, it ain't happening. You can all watch me to your hearts content.. hell you all know I put on quite a show.. but it isn't going to include any groveling or ass-kissing. To err is human.. I'm human. I make mistakes and I learn from them. That's all I owe you, society or the universe.
    Double post but in this case I don't care.

If you ever find a other place where a link for pirated frames are put or a link that has it or a place that offers it:

Send a direct Email to pangolin themselves not on a forum.
    Or the owner / company those frames came from

some extra info:
    And when sharing 3D things I will only share things converted with Illustrate with people here (likely specially made for sharing as not all will be shared).
    On the pangolin sharing portal I share LC-max frames at first I send them to bill though, But If he want's me to share them on that portal directly then Yes I share them on that pangolin portal.

I heard about people trying to reverse engineer some things so I keep that I mind when starting myself.
    Last edited by masterpj; 12-14-2010 at 09:16.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Things made for pangolin, are in ownership of pangolin (Unless told by the creator and said to pangolin themselves that they keep the rights ) it's as simple as that.
    well I am fairly certain that most of the shows included with pangolin were not specifically made for pangolin (theres some obvious exceptions like Linea etc) they were just shared for pangolin users... but most of the notes indicate they should not be shared with non-pangolin users... you would have to contact the creators if you wanted to share them in another format