View Poll Results: Where should MIDLEM be held at ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicago area

4 30.77%
  • Ft.Wayne, IN

1 7.69%
  • Lake Geneva, WI

3 23.08%
  • St.Louis, MO

4 30.77%
  • Other

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MIDLEM ???

I went to the YMCA today. They want $125 a day and $15 an hour for a staff member after hours. Not too bad. I should have more info tomorrow on weather or not fog and loud music will be allowed. We shall see. If things look good, I'll snap some pictures.

Default mmm..." If you build it...they will come " hahaha

OK then.....looks like we got some interest !!! My thinking is I always, always aim to involve my wife on anything to do with lasers.....for MANY reasons....I am sure I do not need to explain why...it is just a good plan if you can couple " good things " with Lasers !!!!....Like a fun trip...with some shopping and sight seeing....and some " Good Eats "..... Lake Geneva sounds very nice !!!

Anyway...I'm in !!! Who else ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

CDBEAM andn Terrawatt
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Depending on the date, I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    OK then.....looks like we got some interest !!! My thinking is I always, always aim to involve my wife on anything to do with lasers.....for MANY reasons....I am sure I do not need to explain why...it is just a good plan if you can couple " good things " with Lasers !!!!....Like a fun trip...with some shopping and sight seeing....and some " Good Eats "..... Lake Geneva sounds very nice !!!

Anyway...I'm in !!! Who else ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

CDBEAM andn Terrawatt
    Lake Geneva is a very nice place and I'm sure your wife would love it there.

Adam do you have any contacts for Hotels? I know the manager of the Interlaken Resort who may be able to help us out but even at a discount may be higher than some would like to pay. Another thought might be one of the popular downtown hotels like the Cove where the spouses could take advantage of all that Lake Geneva has to offer.

Jim

Default Critical Mass and DISCO

Well Folks....

I do not know what everyone fells the minimum number of participants would need to be to bring this idea to " Critical Mass "....but....like I said....let's keep the the talk going....to get the word out....and figure out how to pull the first one off........ One of my thoughts is to not " Bite off more than we can chew"..... but then again......I want it ALL !!! hahaha

And although it is a long shot....possible the wife will associate " LASERS" with something other than...." Disposable income spent on crazy options".....mmmmm??? " DISCO "....I am sure many of you have fallen victim to the curse of the DISCO opinion by the spouse.

So...this is why I am fairly focused...not optically.....on attempting to insure that the meet site can make the wifes happy too.....as well as be centrally located.....and not too expensive....and of course have a good venue !!!!

And for " Laser Pointer Target Practice "...mmmm...any novel thoughts ???? hahaha...Toy helicopters have been done !!!! Terrawatt sez " Electrical tape balls attached to cat's tails "....JUST JOKING !!!!

Later,
    CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Count me back in!

After an injection of sanity and a peaceful weekend, and after a couple very good conversations with some of our more level-headed members, I've decided my reasons for not attending are kind of dumb.. so I'll be there if the timing's right.

Default Fanning the MIDLEM embers !!!

Time for a BUMP !!...I would hope there are more than four (4) members interested in a MIDLEM !!!!!!!!! So far...300Evil, ElectroFreak, -=Jim=-, and CDBEAM....I know there are more members located in the MidWest !!!
    Lake Geneva and ST Louis have been mentioned as possible cities to locate a small LEM in !!! Both sound great to me !!!
    I want to possible have some contact with members who have a higher skill level in LD2000 than myself....that would be almost everyone !! I have gotten past the stage of showing my wife the prerecorded shows....mmmmm....not that I would be angling for more $$$ to be spent on Laser stuff...oh no !!! It is like the seige of a city.....in the long haul...you might ride in Victory Lane ...hahaha.
    I am now working thru all the bells and whistles in LD2000.....Not that I am complaining...oh no.....But to actually " do " a show....and linked with the proper music !!! That is the ticket...that is the art...and skill....and that is Projector#1's destiny !! My first show will be a dancing " Milkbone"....did you expect any less.." Bow wow yo, Yippie eye,Yippie eh"
    Anyway...thought I would fluff this thread up again to gain more momentum !!!

Later...CDBEAM and Terrawatt

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

If I'm still in fort wayne, I'm in. I have a friend in St Louis where I can stay, so that would be Ok.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I'd most likely be attending as well, as long as work didn't interfere.

john

Default Critical Mass for MIDLEM...A Quantum Well Quorum ???

Now participitation/interest for a MIDLEM... stands at 6 members...So far...300Evil, ElectroFreak, -=Jim=-, Mixedgas, Polishedball and CDBEAM. I think we have a Quorum ?????? Close enouge for Jazz ???? OK ??? now....where and when ???? Perhaps a one day event....Keep it simple stupid ( KISS ) approach ???....More members interested ???????????????????

CDBEAM