View Poll Results: Where should MIDLEM be held at ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicago area

4 30.77%
  • Ft.Wayne, IN

1 7.69%
  • Lake Geneva, WI

3 23.08%
  • St.Louis, MO

4 30.77%
  • Other

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MIDLEM ???

Default MIDLEM ???

Gentlemen,

The purpose of this thread is to gauge the interest in a....MID WEST LASER ENTHUSIASTS MEET....or...
    "MIDLEM" I am by NO means a " MEET" organizer.....just wondering what the interest currently is...IF ANY ??????
    Time for us " DAMM YANKEE's " to possibly get the ball rolling...
    NOT on the scale of SELEM....but... I think perhaps....there MAY be enough members located within several hundred miles of Chicago that a one (1) day event might happen.....Thoughts ???????

CDBEAM and MS. BEAM BITTER / Terrawatt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terra Big Nose 1 &#7.jpg  

Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    Gentlemen,

The purpose of this thread is to gauge the interest in a....MID WEST LASER ENTHUSIASTS MEET....or...
    "MIDLEM" I am by NO means a " MEET" organizer.....just wondering what the interest currently is...IF ANY ??????
    Time for us " DAMM YANKEE's " to possibly get the ball rolling...
    NOT on the scale of SELEM....but... I think perhaps....there MAY be enough members located within several hundred miles of Chicago that a one (1) day event might happen.....Thoughts ???????

CDBEAM and MS. BEAM BITTER / Terrawatt
    Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I am also in!!!!
    I'm not trying to be lazy or anything but the YMCA across from me in Lake Geneva would be an awesome venue. Probobly not the best acustics but they have a HUGE gym with no windows and bleachers. It would make a great location for a LEM. Plus! I could cook up some real barbecue since it's walking distance from my house. Oh, Bring the wife too. Lots of shops and stuff to do here in Lake Geneva. http://www.lakegenevawi.com/

Default Mmmmmmm

Laser projectors, See various projector builds ( and wonder...why didn't I do that ?????), Meet people who have helped me, BBQ......and taking the wife to a nice place...to shop and see the sights !!!! ALL GOOD !!!!!!

CDBEAM
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 04-20-2010 at 20:24.
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Smile

Hey (evil)Adam;

Are you sure the YMCA will let you take over their gym for a day?

Adam

Default Stupid title # 5148

Fluffers...Fluffers !!!!....is that all the interest ?????????????? Good question about the Gym !!! Check it out please !! I will bounce this thread a few times.....as things quickly get lost !!!

CDB

I'll check on the possibility of the YMCA gym tomorrow and post back with their reply.
    Adam

I actually had toyed with the idea of doing one here in STL, but with my work and family commitments have been unable to find the time to make it happen.. I would be very interested in attending one if it happens.

Thumbs up The venue is the key. Everything else is a cinch!

I gotta tell you guys... There isn't any magic to make one of these events happen. If you have a venue, you're all set. Even if you can only get 3 people to confirm, go ahead and do it. You'd be surprised at how many will actually show up.

The first FLEM (way back in January of 2007) only had like 8 people in attendance, yet it was a *great* time. Now a typical FLEM draws 20 people. All you have to do is get the ball rolling and other people will do the rest.

So if you've got a place that will let you set up the lasers (and the fog machines!) for a day, and you've got a couple folks that want to come, just pick a date and do it. Shoot some video while you're there and post links here. Once word gets out, the next one will be easier, trust me!

Adam