Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Laserscope 532, Ruby Lasers, & Chillers

Default FS: Laserscope 532, Ruby Lasers, & Chillers

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I've decided to let my Z-Fold Laserscope go because I simply haven't had time to play with it. The system is in great shape and works fine. I had planned to strip it down, but I've really only had time to fire it up, verify operation and that's about it. I've included a few pictures here for your review. This is a water cooled unit, but I am including a small chiller which will cool this system without breaking a sweat. This is a 220VAC Single Phase System. Asking SOLD.

I also have two Palomar EpiLaser Hair Removal Lasers. These units have a very hefty ruby laser in them and a good sized capacitor bank to power that. In addition to the laser, each system also has two chillers, one large Freon cycle chiller for cooling the laser itself and a smaller thermoelectric chiller for cooling the hand piece. Both systems are 220VAC Single Phase and in working condition. Asking $750 Or Best Offer plus actual shipping.

Next up, I have a Shaprlan EpiTouch hair removal laser. This unit is also a ruby laser, but it is significantly more compact than the Epilaser. In fact almost everything except for the laser itself in this system is built on a standard 19" rack mount frame which would make it easy to repurpose things like the chiller. This system only has one chiller, it is a Freon cycle unit packaged very neatly in a six rack space unit. Like the other systems, this is a 220VAC Single Phase unit. Asking $1500 or best offer, plus actual shipping.

Finally, I have several ThermoTek Solid State thermoelectric chillers. These are model T252P and none of them are in working order. I know that a couple of guys on here have repaired these in the past so if anyone needs parts these should be good for that, or they can probably be brought back to life without much work (which is what I bought them for). Asking $100 each Or Best Offer plus actual shipping.

I'm also open to parting any of these units out if you want to save on the shipping.

All of this equipment is currently at my warehouse and we have all of the materials and equipment necessary to correctly prepare it for shipping. We will supply all of that as well as the labor at no cost, you will just need to pay whatever the freight company charges us for the transportation.

I can accept payment in the form of check, wire transfer, or I can process your credit / debit card through my company (Bison Aviation, LLC). I don't accept paypal because they charge significantly more than my credit card merchant account processor charges.

If you have any questions or want to make an offer, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,

John IV
    210-477-8561
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0088..jpg  

IMG_0069..JPG  

DSC_0001..jpg  

DSC_0072..jpg  

Last edited by jdaivpmed; 05-20-2010 at 13:19. Reason: Laserscope Sold

Anybody??? I'm always open to offers!

Thanks,

John IV
    210-477-8561

Sharplan pics as requested via PM...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chiller (front).jpg  

Side 2.jpg  

Chiller (rear).jpg  

Status Lights.jpg  

Side 1.jpg  

Front.jpg  

Controller, QSwitch Driver & Lamp PSU.jpg  

LaserScope Pics as Requested via PM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Side.jpg  

584HRS.jpg  

DSC_0104.jpg  

DSC_0103.jpg  

Hi John -

Could you do me / the laser community a 'favor' / good-service, and NOT sell these to ANYBODY, unless they can provide you some PROOF they have at least SOME experience - at the VERY LEAST some safety-training classes, university education / vocational-schooling, etc - with Class IV / pulsed lasers?

Reason-being, it is the strong opinion of many seasoned-professionals, here, and abroad, that this very 'thing' (making these once 'nearly-unobtainable' (due to price) - and inherently DANGEROUS - lasers, available at such 'cheap' prices) is part of a growing problem in the laser-show community and industry.

This 'problem' is 'n00bs' / rookies - whatever you want to call them - obtaining these lasers - with little-to-no experience with pulsed, much-less Class IV, lasers, and building them-out in thier garages / shops, etc, into uncertified and - in some cases - wrecklessly-designed 'projectors', so they can go out and 'make a quick buck' (by drastically undercutting fair / industry standard prices...) with little to no care for compliance with the Federal regs and/or practices of safety.

Here is one 'shining' example, I like to post (cause a video is worth 1K words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t65_JJrLFZ8

... and, while some will retort, 'heh, that's just one stupid idiot...' - I say, 'yes, that has managed to rack-up over 10K views - with ZERO comments in-support of how dangerous this is / how you should 'not try this at home'... IMO, this *one* video is just the tip of a much larger 'idiot-burg'... And I, for one, appreciate seeing when sellers of these systems value public / personal safety, and doing things 'right' - over making a buck...

Of course, this does not apply to EVERYONE - there are, indeed, many 'responsible' hobbiest-level lasersists, here, and in the industry, but IMO, anyone 'qualified' to own these lasers should-be able to show you at least SOME measure of knowledge / completed training / experience before purchasing such-like lasers.

I, for one, (and I am nothing more than a concerned (for the welfare of ALL, not just myself) individual with ~ 18 years working with lasers - since my first Class IV training class... And, note: training came BEFORE owning Class IV / pulsed lasers...) would sure appreicate it, and I am quite sure there are others, here, that would back-me in 'requesting' this / would 'appreciate' it....

Thanks.
    Jon
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

That Sharplan Epi-Touch looks interesting.

Do you think I am considered "Qualified" in your mind Jon?
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Do you think I am considered "Qualified" in your mind Jon?
    I don't know, Ben - I have no knowledge of your training / background / education-level with the Class IV lasers you buy and sell - but since I know you don't (as far as I understand) perform or intend-to perform shows in-public, I certainly won't be having anything to say to you if you buy this guys' lasers - even if you buy his lasers and blow your eyes-out with them - that's all you, baby...

I am only 'speaking-up' here, to 'voice a concern' about seeing these classes / types of lasers FS to a forum, largely-composed of individuals with little-to-no experience / training with these types of dangerous-lasers, at prices that are 'achieveable' to many, withOUT seeing some sort of 'qualifying statement' (ie: ..."I will ask for your qualifications to own/operate such medical/surgical laser systems before you buy, so come 'prepeared'...) - I think that would be a responsible-position to take, as a seller of these types of lasers, that's all.

I know I'd certainly sleep better at night if I sold one of these to someone, and then found out they accidentally shot thier eyes out - but: I WARNED them / VERIFIED they knew what they were buying, and/or they PROVED they should-have known better... but that's just me, I guess...

Now, I don't want to hijack this Gentlemens' thread anymore than I already have, (sorry, jd...med) so if you want to counter-argue my opinion, let's start another thread, cool?

peace..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Offers anyone???

where are the lasers at
    thanks jeff

Good Morning Jeff,

The lasers (and other equipment) are located at our shop in San Antonio, TX. We ship large / heavy items (aircraft parts) on a regular basis so we're set up to palletize and pack the equipment in a proper manner for shipping, we also get fairly good rates with most carriers for LTL truck shipments. Of course if you're near by you're more than welcome to stop by and check things out, we'll load into your truck while your truck as well.

Thanks,

John