Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Free laser Software?

Did you actually read Dr. Lava's response:

LaserBoy (ilda editing and wav output)
    LaserWave (abstract generator)
    HE-Laserscan (laser show software, music synchronization)
    LFI player (live spontaneous shows)
    OLA (laser art creation)
    Monkeytools (laser art creation)
    Heathcliff (laser art creation)
    Sergy's tools (see on this forum)
    and more...

More than 1 of those you can use to draw/make ILD files. Let me reiterate which exact ones those are:

LaserBoy (Google knows where this is)
    OLA (Converts Inkscape V0.44 or earlier? to ILD files)
    MokeyTools (on the FTP site in the old ILDA swap folder)
    Heathcliff
    Sergy has a couple of tools that (Bitmap Tracer and an drawing program) both which work well and are nice. All of which can be found in the Programming section of this forum...

Now if you need help finding those ... search is your friend ... and then if you still can't find them just ask where are they and I am sure someone will pop up a link or 2.

I apparently did NOT read drlava's response.. several of those I had no idea even existed. Good info!

My recommendation would be to start with Sergey's tools. Those are the easiest free tools to use. He is actively? supporting them and can answer questions posted in his thread.

If you want something that does a lot more ... Laserboy would be the software to use however it is hard to use.

OLA is nice however I find it tempermental to use as it does not convert everything.

For $25? though you can get ILDA SOS by Dr.Lava... and it will convert and optimize files from many different programs. You could then use Inkscape to make all of your art.

But start with Sergey's tools first.

Thread is here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...2-My-lasersoft --- Look through the thread fully for newer versions.

Any by all means check out the other tools.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    OLA is nice however I find it tempermental to use as it does not convert everything.
    True, a new version coming that will solve all temperaments...thanks to drLava this will soon be supported. I gave him my SVG code to use in ILDASOS and in turn he shared with me many updates to the code.

In the meantime, with the current version of OLA, if you select all objects in your drawing, un-group them, and then go to object->convert to paths, it will convert everything.
    Last edited by Zoof; 09-10-2010 at 16:11.

Thumbs up

Hey Gary;

I seem to remember you once considered coding a live-player module for Spaghetti. Ever think about re-visiting that idea?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hey Gary;

I seem to remember you once considered coding a live-player module for Spaghetti. Ever think about re-visiting that idea?

Adam
    Yes. I sure do. It's just a matter finding time to fit in the development. But yea, it's on the drawing board... with support for MIDI input, DMX output, and the whole 9 yards.

Thumbs up

That sounds very cool! Be sure to let us know if you find time to revisit this project in the future.

Adam