Thread: 4" Bounce Mirror mounts

Default 4" Bounce Mirror mounts

Hi,

The icing on the cake for any laser show has to be beams bouncing off mirrors all around the room. So, I have submitted some drawings to a local engineering company for a quote on 10, 20 or 50 off mirror mounts. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me with the prices, but hopefully they will come back with something good.

Would any of you guys/girls be interested in getting your hands on some of these mounts?

I haven't looked at the actual glass mirrors yet, but they are easy to get hold of, the mounts are a little more few and far between though.

Each mount will be powder coated black, will have either allen screws or thumb wheels on the yoke (depending on cost) and will have three spring adjustable screws in the back for fine adjustment. Below are some photo's of a completed mount...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	16425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	16426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	16427

Really, at the moment the idea of this post is to gauge how many people would be interested and how many mounts you would want. Hopefully from here I can negotiate a good price... So, no promises, but hopefully we can get these way below the usual £80 a pop...

I could go getting prices on the glass as well, but realistically it will bump up the postage no end if I have to pack fragile glass, plus, I'm sure many of you will want gratings instead of mirrors and them the whole thing gets really complicated.

Lemme know what you think

Mark
    Last edited by Insanity; 05-06-2010 at 02:30.

Default 4" Bounce Mirror Mounts - Prices

Hi,

I have just got a price back on these... If we can order at least 50, I can get them at £25 each complete and in a powder coated black finish... The thumbwheels on the sides come in at nearly £1 each extra, so we would be looking at £27 each... If I use allen bolts the extra cost will be pennies... At the moment, I haven't looked at postage costs...

But hey £25 for an adjustable bounce mirror mount is very good, considering the cost of one at Showtec is £68.48 inc VAT... Mine don't come with the actual mirror, but I'm sure you can find them cheap enough...

Mark

By the way, this is a one time only offer...

I paid £7 each for 6mm 4"x4" Pilkington glass when I ordered 6 to give an idea of cost of mirrors.

I 'might' be up for some, however I've just made some out of Vesa mounts, so they aren't a necessity currently I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I paid £7 each for 6mm 4"x4" Pilkington glass when I ordered 6 to give an idea of cost of mirrors.

I 'might' be up for some, however I've just made some out of Vesa mounts, so they aren't a necessity currently I'm afraid.
    Thanks for the tip Norty, that means complete adjustable bounce mirrors on mounts work out at £32, less than half what you would pay elsewhere...

Result

Mark

I might be interested in 4 pcs.

What about grating mirrors.

Hey Mark,

Maybe we could price this up and get it made in China.. I reckon we could slash that price quite dramatically.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Hmmm, surprisingly there is very little interest in this one... I would need to get 50 made to hit the price break and I certainly don't want to be buying myself 46 of 'em

@ Dave, I'll give you a shout about seeing what you can do on cheaper units... I'm certainly up for getting hold of some... I have 8 complete units I got some time ago from a company that no longer exists, so am looking at adding a few more...

Mark

I'm interested in 4 mounts. I wonder why there is so few interest because you can add cool elements to a show.

Im interested in what Dave can do for these prices.

i bought 10 of the exact same bounce mirrors you showed in this picture "insanity" for 16£ each, including the mirrors and side knobs from a uk disco company about a year agoo.

Ive tried and send them email asking for more but havent got an answer from them. i dont see them on there website listing anymore so mayby they dont sell them anymore but perhaps they know the manufacture or suplier. Ive tried to call them a few times but my lack in english and very fast spokin and stressed sales person is not working for me.

the company was.
    http://www.cybermarket.co.uk

there is also some others here with mirros included:
    http://www.clubtek.co.uk/sales/index...lllaserslights

mmm... i love them but for now i haven't money to spend... but looking around for prices
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it