Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2010 Sign-up thread!

Smile

Good news, people!

Dave and Adrian at LaserShowParts.com have agreed to support our event by donating some of their new DMX boards as door prizes. So we'll have a few cool things to give away for free after all!

Also, several people have asked about sharing a room. I know that Dchammonds was looking for a room mate at one point, and I think cfavreau was too. If you can't get anywhere via PM's, go ahead and start a room sharing thread. Time's getting short!

Adam

Smile Hotel update

Just got word that the Holiday Inn Express is running out of rooms. They still have rooms with king-size beds in them, but the rooms with the double-queen beds are all gone. They said if any of their other reservations got cancelled, they'd open those rooms up to us, but I don't know how likely that is. Also, I don't know how many of the initial block of 20 rooms we reserved are left. (My guess is, not many.)

Bottom line: Book your room now if you plan to stay at the Holiday Inn Express! It's very convenient, and it is where the after-parties will be held each night (in the conference room). It's also where Casey Stack will be giving his safety seminar on Monday.

If you can't get a room there, you might want to look into rooms at the Super 8 motel that a few people are staying at. (See posts above.) It's a longer drive to the venue, but the Super 8 is a little cheaper. (Though they don't have free breakfast either.)

Finally, you might want to look into the Peacock Inn in dowtown Newton. It's a bend and breakfast inn that is located around 2 miles from the venue. Stuka stayed there back in 2008 and he enjoyed it. Don't know what their vacancy situation is though...

EDIT: just found out that the Holiday Inn *does* still have rooms available. I just got off the phone with Cassie Arrowood. They had only blocked out 10 rooms with king size beds and 10 rooms with a pair of queen size beds for us, and as of this weekend all of the double-queen rooms were taken. But they had more available in the hotel, they just weren't assigned to our group. So Cassie just added some to our block.

If anyone has trouble getting a room at the Holiday Inn Express, just ask to speak with Cassie and she'll make everything straight. She did warn me though that they *will* sell out in the next 2 weeks, so you don't want to wait much longer...

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 07-27-2010 at 05:53. Reason: New information

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi Adam,

I'm relatively new to the board and am probably going to be coming. Sounds like I missed the shirt deadline yesterday. Oh well. I'm going to paypal you the registration fee regardless of whether I end up being able to make it or not. If I can't make it, at least I'm supporting the cause. My work is the type where last minute stuff creeps up and often decisions have to be made quickly. I'm likely not going to be able to leave Delaware until about 4 p.m. Saturday which, based on experience, will drop me in Conover between 11:30 and midnight so, at least I'll get some time at the Holiday Inn conference room and be able to be there for Sunday's activities. I'd be staying for Casey on Monday since, for me, that's the most important part of the weekend and then drive back immediately following the seminar.

I too can be a designated driver if people are interested once I work out hotel arrangements. I have an "in" with H.I.E. but, I'm all about cheap so Super 8 could be a viable option.

~Bradfo69 (and "small" if there is still an opening in the shirt window)
    Probably won't be bringing any of the projectors for the auditorium but, they may be in the back of the car just in case!

Smile

Hi Brad;

No need to worry about being new, pal. We were all new at one time or another. (Including me!) You'll fit right in with the group - trust me!

Don't sweat it on the shirt. I'm reasonably sure I can get one added to the order. It might have to be a medium though...

Understand about last-minute cancellations, but I sure hope that doesn't happen for the weekend of SELEM. I know you'll have a great time, so it would be a shame to have to miss it.

If you want to bring your projectors, we can still set them up on Sunday morning. We can play that by ear though. (After working Saturday, you may be too tired to pull them down and pack them up!) And yeah, if you book your room at the Holiday Inn Express now, you should still be OK. They still have rooms with single king-size beds in them. (It's the rooms with two beds that are all gone.)

You can send your registration fee via paypal to adburns@sc.rr.com. It's $70 for the safety presentation and $40 for SELEM, for a total of $110.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Adam

hes only got 2,147,484,483 posts to go! lol

Smile Second hotel update - new info!

Hey guys;

I just found out that there was a mix-up at the hotel. The Holiday Inn Express *DOES* still have rooms available - even rooms with two queen size beds in them.

The problem is that they weren't specifically assigned to our "reserved" block for SELEM, which is why the person at the reservation desk may have incorrectly told people they didn't have any rooms left. But so long as they have rooms available anywhere in the hotel, you can still book them under our group. And as of right now they still have a good many rooms available.

If you have any problems when you call to book your room, just ask to speak to Cassie Arrowood. She's the day manager for the hotel, and she's *very* helpful. (She also apologized for all the confusion.)

I've edited my post above to reflect this new information.

Adam

Hakzaw1 (Len) is looking for someone to share a room with. I think he made a thread, but thought i'd post it here too.

Smile

Yeah, I just replied in his thread as well. He doesn't have to spring for a suite if he doesn't want to, as they still have rooms with two queen beds available...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Yeah, I just replied in his thread as well. He doesn't have to spring for a suite if he doesn't want to, as they still have rooms with two queen beds available...

Adam
    Thanks Adam and Doug--coming up from Texas-- I was wanting a Texas size room--lol

just not a Texas size cost-
    Suites are nice as they have two rooms- party in the front-- snoozing in the back--

anyone??

When will you get another chance to share a room/suite with somebody that actually went to WoodStock??-- I didn't just see the movie-- I am in it!! (photo proof can be seen in my profile /albums over on the 'other'(drama) forum)----Me w/ John Sebastion/ Janis/ and Grace Slick.

PEACE---Len ==<(*U*)>==

24 days till the Artist Cafe!

Can't freakin wait!