Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2010 Sign-up thread!

Exclamation You fiend!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    It kinda makes me wish we had a little more power in the sound department. What we have is pretty good, but it could be improved upon. I'm thinking at least two 18's an active crossover with sub out and an amp is all that would be needed to make a big difference over what we already have.
    STOP!!! We have enough sound... I will end up wearing ear plugs for part of both days. Our network could be improved on... not the sound.

all that would be needed to make a big difference over what we already have.
    I can do this with one of my DEQ2496's... put audio in and apply an EQ curve to the main out (XLR) for the regular speakers, and a different EQ curve to the aux out (1/4") and send that to the subs

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Our network could be improved on... [/IMG]
    let me know what we need... I have several 48 port gige switches I can bring

I am going to bring a spool of CAT6, a crimper, and tips

Red face Bring two of dem switches.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    let me know what we need... I have several 48 port gige switches I can bring

I am going to bring a spool of CAT6, a crimper, and tips
    Um... that might do it...

I'll trade you one for that dichro

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I'll trade you one for that dichro
    No... I have no use for one at home; we might need more than one at SELEM and the CAT 6 will be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    No... I have no use for one at home; we might need more than one at SELEM and the CAT 6 will be helpful.
    you know you totally need a datacenter at home

I can bring a WAP too

....I think it would be a good idea, but it would need to be as loose as could be. With 50 folks there, it's going to be a mad house....
    That "mad house" potential is part of the concern / reason I hope we'll have some target times set aside where actually running shows is the goal for that particular time period. I think last year we got a bit wrapped up in the tech/talk/prep phases to the point where running shows almost became a rushed after-thought.

With the number of players on board this year, I don't think it would be realistic to expect every projector to participate in every show, every time. With block times set aside for shows, you run what's ready to go, and add more projectors / complexity as needed in between the specified show times.

Call me selfish -
    but seeing multi-projector shows, regardless of the number of projectors, is THE reason I really come to the gig, and want to see as many as possible!!
    Last edited by Stuka; 08-11-2010 at 15:23.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Lightbulb

That is part of the reason why I am taking Thursday off and leaving real early on Friday to hopefullly be waiting at the door before they let us in the venue. I want time to set my system and the network up and then have time to intigrate everyone else' systems into projection zones. I would love to be able to set up multiple color palletes this year.

Would it be worth polling users for shows they might want to display and then make a list? It would make it easier to set up a block or blocks of time. Everyone would know when they need to be ready to go. Transitioning from one set up to another would be more planned and faster. People could check out the list and go out for a beer when country music shows come on. etc etc.