Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2010 Sign-up thread!

Have / what / presentations have been scheduled? You mentioned 2~3 in the opeing thread. Just curious.

Thanks
    leading in trailing technology

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

N8VKD, may bring VHF.

How about 147.850 SELEM talk in freq, or pick a repeater.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default packing

yea packing need to finish need laser shows

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    N8VKD, may bring VHF.

How about 147.850 SELEM talk in freq, or pick a repeater.

Steve
    Cool, I'll bring my yeasu FT60 VHF/UHF handheld...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that this will be the biggest dork fest I have ever been to. LOL. I hope none of you take offense to that because I say it jokingly.
    Absolutely right, Gary. Nothing but geeking and tweaking for two solid days! I like to call it "Nerdvana"
    But seriously, a bunch of guys getting together to hang out with other guys and do stuff with lasers without even a single mention of hot chicks?
    Hot Chicks? Dude - at my age I wouldn't even know where to look for them anymore. (Been married 24 years now.)

Besides, Newton is a pretty small town to start with. (Not much to choose from.) Though I admit it would be nice to have some eye candy at the Artist's Cafe... One year there were a few young ladies that joined us for a few hours, but they quickly grew tired of all this talk about milliwatts and nanometers. Go figure!
    Looking forward to seeing you all there.
    Me too, pal. Me too! (Just 2 more days...)
    Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Have / what / presentations have been scheduled? You mentioned 2~3 in the opeing thread. Just curious.
    Excellent question!

Due to popular demand for "moar laser shows" (TM), we have decided to move all the presentations out of the main auditorium and into the lobby area. Also, several of the special guests that we had invited this year ended up having conflicts with the schedule, so we really don't have that many people available to do presentations in the first place. (This was not known when I posted that opening thread, but I posted an update earlier in this thread...)

Thus, the only people who will be presenting are Bill Benner of Pangolin and possibly Dan Goldsmith of X-laser. Bill will be talking about several different things (see the "Pangolin at SELEM thread" for details), and Dan said he'd be happy to talk to folks about X-laser's business and their product lines.

Andrew Kibbler (Dr Lava) will be on hand to talk about his LaserCam and ILDASOS software, and Gary Harper (JohnYayas) will also be available to talk about his Spaghetti laser show software. Both of them will be able to demo their stuff for you if you're interested. Oh yeah; Dean Hammonds (DChammonds) will be there too, so if any of you are interested in his lightwave abstract generator, be sure to find him and chat him up.

Steve Roberts (Mixed Gas) will be in the backstage hallway for part of the event, working on various ion lasers. So if you're interested in learning more about ions, swing over there and watch what's going on. (Warning: Learning things from Steve Roberts while he's working on a laser is sort of like trying to take a drink of water from a fire hose... So be prepared to pay close attention, and take notes if possible!)

Beyond that, I'm sure there will be little groups of people here and there talking about all sorts of things, so don't ever be afraid to walk up to someone and start asking questions.

Adam

I'm picking up the meat about noonish and headed home to fire the smoker. If'n I get time, i'll post up some pics of the meat for Allthat.

2nd year in a row i'll be coming projectorless. not enough time. Well, enough time, but i'm a procrastinator.

Promise we'll bring at least *some* kind of light source next time.

Buffo, We'll be in town midday Friday. I'll give you a shout about when we hit ashville or so.

*damn dudes, this is gonna be huge!*

300Evil and I are both putting some last-minute finishing touches on our projectors (tradition) and are heading out tomorrow morning to get there nice and early.

This is going to be a great weekend!

See you all at the Artist's Cafe on Friday!

-Jonathan

Default One day and a wake up !!!

WHY SHARKS CIRCLE YOU BEFORE ATTACKING !!
    Two great white sharks swimming in the Ocean spied survivors of a sunken ship.
    "Follow me son" the father shark said to the son shark and they swam to the mass of people. "First we will swim around them a few times with just the tip of our fins showing." and they did. "Well done, son! Now we will swim around them a few times with all of our fins showing." and they did. "Now we eat everybody." and they did. When they were both gorged, the son asked, "Dad, why didn't we just eat them all at first? Why did we swim around and around them?" His wise father replied, "Because they taste better without the shit inside!"
    LOOKING TO MEET, EAT, AND LAZE OUT WITH ALL OF YOU !!!!!
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    But seriously, a bunch of guys getting together to hang out with other guys and do stuff with lasers without even a single mention of hot chicks?
    There were a couple of us that was going to pay for some strippers to join us at FLEM a few yeas ago. Sadly it never got off the ground. Beer, lasers and naked chicks, sounded good to me!

Welp, I'm packed, the truck is nearly dragging the ground! I hope everyone is safe in their travels and I look forward to seeing ya'll tomorrow!

Lightbulb

Anybody else going to be in the Newton/Conover/Hickory area tonight?