Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 356

Thread: SELEM 2010 Sign-up thread!

  1. #341
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Smile

    Kevin Harris (Laserock) is in town tonight. (478) 922-7563. If you guys are partying in the conference room, call him. He's been in town since around 5 PM.

    I'll be there at ~ 10 AM tomorrow (at the venue).

    Adam

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Kevin Harris (Laserock) is in town tonight. (478) 922-7563. If you guys are partying in the conference room, call him. He's been in town since around 5 PM.

    I'll be there at ~ 10 AM tomorrow (at the venue).

    Adam
    I tried that number but maybe he's banking on sleep like we should be. :-D We'll be up for a bit so feel free to PM me if you want to hang out for a bit. (It'll go straight to my phone.)

    See ya all there tomorrow morning!

    -Jonathan

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Posts
    1,163

    Talking

    5 hours later, Im all packed and ready to hit the road!!! Im leaving around 8-ish truck is slam full...lol!!!! But having 2 SP 165s in there didnt help!!
    See ya tom!!!
    Everyone Please Be Safe!!!

    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

  4. #344
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    finished my projectors at 5:30am (after almost killing myself/blowing up one of my mobos, didnt realize it was plugged in, that woke me up!)

    started packing the car at 7:30 am and left Miami at 8:30 am... arrived in NC at ~11 PM

  5. #345
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Lightbulb

    I just finished throwing together Ghettofabulous... 6 or so; it has 200mW 640, 80mW 532, and 500mW 445 with some DT40s. I need to get a better green in there.

    I am almost packed and am waiting on Mo to arrive. We should be outta here by 3:00am and hope to be there by noon.

    Drive safe everyone; see y'all tomorrow... today I mean.

  6. #346
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Smile

    I finished packing everything last night at around 9:30 and hit the bed at 10. Woke up at 3 AM, and I can't get back to sleep so I figured I'd check in here. (Might try to go back for another hour or so, but I doubt I'll sleep!)

    Glad to hear everyone has arrived safe so far. For those of you with a drive still ahead, please drive safe. Also, FYI: In South Carolina, the state police are on a speeding enforcement kick along the I-26 corridor between Charleston and Columbia. You'll get a warning for 5 MPH over the limit, and a ticket after that. So be careful!

    I should be at the venue by 10AM today, which is ahead of schedule. Anyone is welcome to show up at the auditorium for load-in and setup, or just to say hi, after that. I'll have my phone with me, so call if you need directions. (843) 324-0734.

    Adam

  7. #347
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    I'll probably head out sometime around 11:00am for noon arrival. LOL. It's nice living in the nearby. I am not even sure why I got a hotel room... uh, yea I do... something to do with martinis....

    With some help from my wife I made my custom tshirt ready for wearing on Saturday. I hope you all like it.

  8. #348
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    It's not prohibited by the TSA but obviously traveling with electronics can get you looked over a few extra times. If it's a projector made by another company it would help to have a manual or something just to help back up that it is not a danger to anyone and it is what you say it is. Label everything you can. Put it on the conveyor SEPARATELY from anything else, luggage, laptop, etc. outside of it's container, whatever that may be and if possible give them a heads up it's coming through. Be as forthcoming as you can about the what, where and why.

    You're not likely to be hassled at all. You are also perfectly within your rights not to provide them with as much information as possible if you deem it an invasion of privacy, just be aware that tact may make travel much more difficult for you, pick your battles as you see fit.

    Here's a site with a few good, quick tips about how to travel with electronics and not raising a stir (Protip: just labeling it "I AM NOT A BOMB" is no longer good enough)

    http://www.chemhacker.com/2010/08/st...y-checkpoints/
    Well shucks I didn't get my project done in time to bring it. Drilling and tapping the optical layer is done, I still have a lot of power supplies and stuff to mount underneath. It will have to wait to accompany me next year. Araugh, thanks for the tips on flying with electronics.

    photo.JPG


    See you guys tomorrow morning! Hope every drives safe with so little sleep.

    Mike

  9. #349
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blowfly View Post
    Araugh, thanks for the tips on flying with electronics.
    Any time. Remind me when I meet you to tell you the story of how I learned to follow those steps...

  10. #350
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Smile

    So far so good... Got a bunch of stuff set up in the Auditorium and no one got hurt. Now it's off to the Artist's Cafe for some food and fun! (And alcohol!)

    Thanks to everyone who showed up to help with the load-in and setup!

    Adam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •