I think that's a brilliant idea. Maybe have a free-for-all in the first couple hours, then have a structured timeline of shows thru-out the day, then free-for-all again in the evening.
dude, I use to work in a little planetarium where we had 24 - 18" subs along with 6 massive speaker cabinets driven by about 5 racks (1990's) of JBL amps for a total of 18,000W. I might have suffered a little hearing loss during one of our "Cosmic Concert" laser shows.STOP!!!We have enough sound..
It was worth every dB lost though!
That might be a hefty poll; we would have to figure out what all shows are available. Or have people make suggestions. Then there is Adam's frequent habit of wanting to watch a show again... would totally screw a schedule. We can try though.
We also might want think of a way to shift between controllers early on during set up.
Edit:
I also think 3 posts in 2 minutes means we are getting close...
Show thread started...![]()
RR
Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
1979.
Sweet.....
Ok looks like I'm making it official that I will be attending - and am probably gonna carpool with Laserman121 in VA.
I will be bringing my Lexel 95 argon, an air cooled ILT Krypton, and my SP-127 HeNe. Looking forward to it![]()
SWEET! I know you'll have a blast, MarioMaster!
Gary: I like your idea. I'll try to rough out a loose schedule tomorrow, and with the info in Stuka's thread we can start planning times for general categories of shows. (Country, rock, dance, classical, etc...)
DZ: I agree that a pair of 18" subs with a kilowatt or so driving each one would be just what we need. But that's another $1500 in gear that I don't have the cash to buy, and besides, who has room to pack that much extra in their car?
Long term, I'd like to buy or build a sub cabinet and pick up a beefy amp to power it, but it's not going to happen this year. Maybe when I finally break down and buy that covered trailer I've been talking about, I'll splurge and pick up some decent subs at the same time. (Right after I hit the lottery...)
Adam
[QUOTE=allthatwhichis;158751]That might be a hefty poll; we would have to figure out what all shows are available. Or have people make suggestions. Then there is Adam's frequent habit of wanting to watch a show again... would totally screw a schedule. We can try though.
QUOTE]
I wasn't thinking of making a list of every show and then choosing from them. I was thinking of asking people which shows they have that they would like to show. If someone has a request for a show that someone else might have, maybe add that to the list as well with and see if someone will agree to show it. The list wouldn't have to be set in stone or inflexible, but it would at least be a start. Kind of like a karaoke list where people sign up with what they want to sing.