Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strobes and hazers

But you're still not getting as good a products as an actual Atomic3000. Yes it might look identical, but I can already see they're not. The insides will probably be poorly made with cheap components... no-where near the actual output of a proper Atomic!

Also spare parts, easy to get for the Martin product, I'd like to see spares for these! They're cheap and easy, although if you add it up, not as cheap in the long run and delivered!

Default re

This is what my worry is too mate. im weighing it up if to try and buy 1 and see. i can get an atomic and do a review on the 2. I normally would not believe it was the same quality but the reason im so intrigued by this is that apparently this unit works with a martin detonator controller. if this is the case then surely the internals of this unit must also be exactly the same as a martin model.
    U see iv heard of a very similar thing happening before as my auntie works for phillips. basically phillips make there high power longer lasting batteries and badge them up as so. they also make a battery for the chinese market which sells for 59p a pack. phillips high life batteries are about 4 times as much. U decide if this is right or not?? i buy the chinese ones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...&creative=6738

my point being that how do any of us know that the same factory aint making these identical models, sticking a martin badge on them and a different mounting bracket (the only differance in the unit i can see) and selling them off as different things.

im very very interested in this now cause iv always thought that martin products were extremly high priced and would love to prove that this is exactly whats happening.

on the other hand this copy could be absolutly rubbish and no where near as powerful and a total waste of time. we will never know until someone takes the plunge and i think i may just do that.
    Last edited by oliverst14@hotmail.com; 05-12-2010 at 14:01.
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Hey Ollie,

A Martin Destroyer is a lighting effect, I have one sitting in front of me as we speak... It is controlled over standard DMX... A quick Google search for Martin Destroyer Controller returns hits for the lighting effect, but can't find anything on a controller by that name...

So, the fact they even mention such a thing would give me cause for concern...

I would stick with the real thing if I were you, Martin is top quality kit and will last years... Whereas if a cheap copy from China fails, you gotta send it back to China which will be expensive...

You only have to look at all the threads mentioning cheap laser projectors and how bad the internals are to know where I am coming from.

Just my 2p

Mark

You want these. Hungaroflash Quasar 15,000 Watts (or 450,000 lumens)!!!
    Need a 32 A supply each, but you can turn down the power and use on a smaller (13A) supply. The blinder function on these is supreme. 2 of these will easily "white out" a 2500 person venue. Trust me on this

Here are some second hand ones for £345 each.

I also happen to have a Hungaroflash 8 ch programmable strobe controller under the stairs.

Default re

very true insanity, im just very intrigued. i seriously cant believe its £600 for a strobe. thats stupid money i think. i know there amazing but stupidly over priced.

sorry i meant detonator

ollie
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .

my point being that how do any of us know that the same factory aint making these identical models, sticking a martin badge on them and a different mounting bracket (the only differance in the unit i can see) and selling them off as different things.
    I believe that most of Martin's stuff is still manufactured in Denmark, or at least key component assembly is done there. That'll explain at least some of the price.

Also, bear in mind that resale price on a Martin Atomic will be just about what you pay 2nd hand, whereas it'll be a lot less on the copies.

If you are happy with 'nearly Atomic' quality then I'd go for the Showtecs if you can still get them, at least they aren't pretending to be something they aren't. Most copies tend to be purely cosmetic in order to lure in the unsuspecting punter.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I believe that most of Martin's stuff is still manufactured in Denmark, or at least key component assembly is done there. That'll explain at least some of the price.

Also, bear in mind that resale price on a Martin Atomic will be just about what you pay 2nd hand, whereas it'll be a lot less on the copies.

If you are happy with 'nearly Atomic' quality then I'd go for the Showtecs if you can still get them, at least they aren't pretending to be something they aren't. Most copies tend to be purely cosmetic in order to lure in the unsuspecting punter.

very true, as seen with the fake i phones. the thing with the fake iphones is they dont work with apple,s stuff. these copied strobes do which is my big attraction.

im confused by it all and really intrigued. if i do get one ill do a full honest review and let u know if there shit or not. im expecting them to be low quality bad copies but cant stop until i know. haha

oli
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .

When I buy more strobes I'll be buying more Showtecs. Like I said; they've been solid, they stay perfectly in sync and are *very* bright. They do produce a fair amount of ozone though.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

They do produce a fair amount of ozone though
    Great, so they help the problems caused by all that hairspray in the 80's and 90's then?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Great, so they help the problems caused by all that hairspray in the 80's and 90's then?
    A valid point well made

Just not advisable in an unventilated space. Apparently caused by extreme levels of UV light, I believe Martin tubes have a coating to reduce this.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.