Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strobes and hazers

That is true, though the strike voltage is usually a few kV, enough to cause some ozone, but I agree that the main contributer is the UV light Has anyone tried sticking a piece of black paper or something infront of one of these strobes? Could be pretty spectacular.

I have found that strobe voltage is usually enough to cause you to leap into the air if you get your finger in the wrong place.
    Last edited by QUAZAR; 05-26-2010 at 03:49.

I had a large strobe that gave me a nice big shock thru the AC cable when I unplugged it. Not quite sure how that happened ...

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I had a large strobe that gave me a nice big shock thru the AC cable when I unplugged it. Not quite sure how that happened ...
    One of my projectors got me like this at a gig a few weeks ago
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I know I am on the small side with a "poor-mans martin Atomic" ......The Elation Proton Color, with built in color wheel dose a pretty good job. I use three of these that I bought for around $230 US used on Ebay, but they do a pretty good job, 1500W light output@ 120V @ 15 Amps. they also have a built in color scroller (nothing like the Atomics scroller for another $1000) but you get three colors+mixing. These units have been rock solid in my Rig for over 3 years now.

As for the Haze, I use a Jem Stage hazer. This thing has hazed 1000 seat theater with no issue! Jem products are great.

Here is a little clip of the "White out + colors" with the Elation Proton Color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gToPGMmQbXo

Strobe Action starts about 4:43 seconds. Just my 2 cents.

Great lighting set Misebeam

What centerpiece light was used in the middle of the truss? It looks like one hell of a LED but I have not seen one that rotates as such.

Hi Mattatya ,

Thanks!! The center piece is a Martin Wizard EO 250 discharge @ 8000k. Love it, does some pretty great beams! In Fog (not laser).

That light throws really well. I didn't see it had gobo's so I assumed it was LED. Respect for your setup. Martins are amazing lights.

thanks Mattatya!
    I bought every piece of my rig off of Ebay love it!

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    Iv used the atomic a couple of times and it is an extremly good strobe but I just can't bring myself to buy 2 strobes for the same price as i can get at least 1 watt of green 532 for. They are so expensive considering all they do is
    flash. I love the crowd blinder feature of them though which ov never seen on any other strobe.

Iv found this
    http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

which I'm very unsure of as it's a very cheap Chinese copy but it does have 4 channel
    dmx and says it has a crowd blinder feature so sounds similar to the atomic but cheaper and lower quality.

Iv also found this
    http://shop.etsnet.co.uk/prolight-th...robe-153-p.asp

it looks better quality than the other one but I'm very concerned as it only has a flash rate up to 15 per second so doesn't sound like it has the blinder feature which I love.

Don't know at the moment as I ultimatly want the atomic but I think it's stupidly over priced as is all martin equipment.

Ollie

Ollie

I have one of these thunderstrobes, it does have a blinder facility and is great
    and cheap as chips. been running a year now with no probs

K