Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SphereNuke - ILD Format.

WOW great stuff!

Thanks for upping the .avi's too.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

This took all of forever to render. Poly count in the initial drawing was absurd.

Over 3000 points. Very likely not scanner safe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gear.png  

Attached Files Attached Files

Simplified gear animation, 2000PPF and the c4d file for anyone who wants to learn the simple scene staging with without l4cd tags.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gear1.png  

I found a pretty rough way to get multicolor item output

exporting ILD this way is rough though... hopefully I can find another solution.

Rotating Icosa - 300 Frames
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rainbowicosa.png  

Lightbulb

Hello Admin of PL

Seems you're enjoying LC4D but you really need to get yourself some scanners.
    Testing your output on a real projector is essential. I always try to stay below 900 points per frame for flicker-free display on my RT35+ scanners. Rule: if it takes a long time to convert, it's for the trash-bin. As Bill said: if you cannot keep the frames simple enough for reasonable scanning, use camera rides to display only snippets, thus creating the impression of seeing the whole frame.

I'm using LC4D for >2 years now and found many flaws in the handling of splines which all got fixed by the coder in the meantime. So by the time, when rotating base-objects get boring, start working with splines. You can do lots of cool things in C4D (MoGraph2) and create fantastic looking laser-frames with lesser points than with base-objects. So download the very latest LC4D release and bend some splines, the force should be with you

And btw... why not put all your files into a single archive? This thread is a mess
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails livepro.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    Hello Admin of PL

Seems you're enjoying LC4D but you really need to get yourself some scanners.
    Testing your output on a real projector is essential. I always try to stay below 900 points per frame for flicker-free display on my RT35+ scanners. Rule: if it takes a long time to convert, it's for the trash-bin. As Bill said: if you cannot keep the frames simple enough for reasonable scanning, use camera rides to display only snippets, thus creating the impression of seeing the whole frame.

I'm using LC4D for >2 years now and found many flaws in the handling of splines which all got fixed by the coder in the meantime. So by the time, when rotating base-objects get boring, start working with splines. You can do lots of cool things in C4D (MoGraph2) and create fantastic looking laser-frames with lesser points than with base-objects. So download the very latest LC4D release and bend some splines, the force should be with you

And btw... why not put all your files into a single archive? This thread is a mess
    Hi Decix
    Hey, can you zip up and post some sample *.c4d files?
    Thanks, Mike

Arrow

Unnecessary full-quote
    I won't upload any .c4d-files here, I'll send you an EMail.

Rule: if it takes a long time to convert, it's for the trash-bin. As Bill said: if you cannot keep the frames simple enough for reasonable scanning, use camera rides to display only snippets, thus creating the impression of seeing the whole frame.
    All the conversions with the exception of the "Sharkfin gear" were lightning fast, With that gear I know why it took forever, so its easier to avoid now.

The real "hang time" was not with rendering but outputting the ILD format version of the rainbow icosa... for some reason it took forever *but* LDS was lightning quick. I will upload the c4d file if you would like to verify this.

But that aside, yea. I need to work on finding ways to simplify certain animation sequences. Later tonight I will poke around and see if I can increase point to point spacing and alter blanking point runs.

What I really *want* to figure out is how to generate dynamic colors or at least animate textures to fake it out. From what I gathered the material system is very elaborate... maybe I could throw some math into a shader effector and see how that plays out.

When I first started out playing with this, didn't really think to single thread it... I'll eventually go back and clean everything up.