Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: BWB-10-OEM 473nm laser module info thread

oops..i think i fucked up..
    unscrewed the crystal shell and tried to put some strength to it to move it a little bit ..ended up with tearing the whole crystal set off the base..
    and try to drive diode at 2.5W, nothing happened except more 808

All components are mounted on those alu holders. It's only those holders you should move. And with move I mean less then a mm.
    And never unscrew the screws completely. Just enough so that you can move the component with a little force. That way you never move them too much just by touching them.
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

ok now i just give up...
    thank you and all the other guys that helped me.

Can also be that you LBO is too old. They are hygroscopic.
    You could always redo your module with a blue laser diode. You can reuse the housing, the tecs and the anamorphic prism pair.
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

3V to the diode doesn't sound right... Operating voltage is usually 1.8V-2.2V on an 808nm diode. Sure it isn't a dead diode? Maybe it's aligned fine but the LD isn't actually lasing. Have you verified that?

FYI - these heads come in a couple different arrangements. Mine didn't have any of the pump correction optics, just a pump diode, focusing lens and crystal assembly.

Edit: Changed options to optics, changed by to but. I need more coffee. FRESH POTTTT!

Last edited by Diachi; 10-07-2016 at 12:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    3V to the diode doesn't sound right... Operating voltage is usually 1.8V-2.2V on an 808nm diode. Sure it isn't a dead diode? Maybe it's aligned fine but the LD isn't actually lasing. Have you verified that?

FYI - these heads come in a couple different arrangements. Mine didn't have any of the pump correction optics, just a pump diode, focusing lens and crystal assembly.

Edit: Changed options to optics, changed by to but. I need more coffee. FRESH POTTTT!

i have the same question...but according to another thread(http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/b-...0mw-53423.html), the diode can withstand nearly 1.5A current...even powered with 3V, my diode current is not over 1A
    and i use my camera to see the 808 and i do see a really bright pink dot from the apenture..

That's what I'm saying though, something isn't right with those voltage/current readings on the diode. It might be able to run at 1.5A just fine, but that's not what I'm getting at. Assuming it's a 1W diode, while being driven at 1A it should be showing a drop of 1.8V to 2.2V. A 1W 808nm diode would probably need somewhere around 5A before you saw a 3V drop, which would kill it dead. So something must be up for it to be showing a drop of 3V at 1A.

It could still be emitting IR light, but not lasing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    That's what I'm saying though, something isn't right with those voltage/current readings on the diode. It might be able to run at 1.5A just fine, but that's not what I'm getting at. Assuming it's a 1W diode, while being driven at 1A it should be showing a drop of 1.8V to 2.2V. A 1W 808nm diode would probably need somewhere around 5A before you saw a 3V drop, which would kill it dead. So something must be up for it to be showing a drop of 3V at 1A.

It could still be emitting IR light, but not lasing too.
    i've searched some datasheet about IR diode and found out that the vf is always around 2V. So what you're saying makes sense..
    anyway...already give up on this head...

op;
    'i thinks my 300RMB just thrown into the sea..

tnank you '
    ...I did not say that correctly--the lasers/drivers are replaced at a certain number of hours-NOT near it lifespan's end .. so most I think are about the same..and its 'normal' for them to come in pairs--the head and the driver/controller..--

Golden Week is over..back to work!! just kidding

BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-