Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM-9 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 1-2-3rd of October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by KevSki View Post
    Using the liquid supplied by Le Maitre and as far as we know there was NO oil burners at the meet. Ive run the MVS in a small bedroom with 3 projectors for 3hours one night recently with no problems ....and as Rob has stated we have had no similar issues at recent venues where it's been used...so I dont get it???

One question.... does 'juice' go off? there are no date stamps on the bottles I've noticed?
    Just a thought... I'm assuming it was very cold in the hall overnight. Maybe when the projectors were switched on and started to get warm it caused condensation to form on the optics. Perhaps this somehow contributed to phenomenon we've all experienced. Other than that I haven't a clue.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Ship all sorted
    "New Diary"

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Lasermad - "Post UKLEM i was thinking that ........all this awesome equipment and everybody was playing with da lasers but i didnt see any
    actual timed shows over the weekend .. we are oodles behind FLEMs in this respect. maybe next year ! eh "

SOFO -"Don't Worry.
    As soon as Jem gets his arse into gear there'll be dedicated ShowLEM's where the focus will be purely on shows.
    Isn't that right Jem?!? "

Ohhhh Ahhhh .. whats going on ? do i feel a "wakefield" coming on ? Jem you have been threating that for a few years ? whats the gossip i have missed out on ? Guimme da low down ?
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Would anyone like an interim Surfleet between now and the April bash or will that be a little too many?

Maybe just 1.5 days? Saturday at 12:00hrs till Sunday???

Your call people?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Ohhhh Ahhhh .. whats going on ? do i feel a "wakefield" coming on ? Jem you have been threating that for a few years ? whats the gossip i have missed out on ? Guimme da low down ?
    Haha... No problem Paul. If anyone's up for a 'Wakefield' LEM i'd be happy to organise it.

I guess i've just got a little lazy as I enjoy the Surfleet LEM's that much that i've not being inspired to arrange another one. Besides, for me twice per year is about right, April and October is good, and it's nice to have it spread over the three days - very relaxed. Besides, if they get to be too often it loses the impact of everyone bringing cool new stuff. Who would have thought at the April meet we'd be bathing in blue light at the October meet?

I have to say that three per year would probably land me in the divorce courts and i'd struggle to manage too much time away from work specifically for LEM's. I have to remember the 'family' holidays as well

However, if there would be enough support for a 'mini' Wakefield (ish) LEM, i'll look in to venues. Maybe we could organise the WLEM as a mainly 'shows' LEM with the emphasis on synchronised shows, both beams and graphics. I've got a nice 'Fastfold' 8' x 6' screen for the graphics, and the beams would take care of themselves.

I suppose it wouldn't be necessary for everyone to bring tons of gear and it could be planned in advance of the meet. If anyone would be interested perhaps you could Pm me and i'll then get myself motivated to sort it out, perhaps next July, or even in January but I guess we could get bad weather like the snow last year, maybe it's better to stick to the summer.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Ship all sorted
    "New Diary"

Oh oh,,,, i thought i was the first to have booked on the Monday ?
    When checking out i immediately took an option on the same room (since i liked it).
    I hope this booking is put into the "new diary..."

As i can count so far it's Jem, Dan, Adrian and myself that already booked.
    How many rooms do they have ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    As i can count so far it's Jem, Dan, Adrian and myself that already booked.
    How many rooms do they have ?
    That's it Dimitri, only four rooms, they're now fully booked

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    ....I suppose it wouldn't be necessary for everyone to bring tons of gear and it could be planned in advance of the meet. .....
    You can mark me down for that one.
    And as you said, not much gear required so that could be pre-arranged with all interested parties so most folks could travel light.
    I could throw my scrims into the pot to add a little something.
    And what else would we need really?
    A nice powerful RGB front and centre, a couple (or 4/6) of Greens flanking it and some punchy sound system and you're onto a winner.
    Just need to get a venue with that certain something.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Just need to get a venue with that certain something.
    I'm on it

Probably won't have three phase, but I reckon we'll be able to manage without on this occasion.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

And comfy chairs.
    And nice Biscuits (cue Dan!).