Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM-9 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 1-2-3rd of October 2010

Its a fine little genny but I dont wanna kil it
    now if he wants to bring a nice 3 ph 10kW one next time that may be ok - we just need to get the water for it then

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I'm in and will be there for the whole 2.5 days. I can be there earlier if you need any help with setting up the hall on Friday Jim.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

OK, despite the fact i don't know if i can have the days off i just booked myself 4 nights in the ship inn! The people were so nice to me, and sleeping in the hall was ok, but since my financial situation has improved i chose to be there all 4 nights.
    So will arrive thursday again and leave on monday.... really worked out fine last time.
    The tuesday at work i was complete broken, but broken with a smile on my face from ear to ear ;-)

I will consult my manager and tell him about my plans tuesday, if i get an OK, i will book the Norfolk line again. Don't want to miss this, the experience was lovely last time.
    Hopefully my greens are fully working then.... so i can bring 3 lazorbeamzzzzzz ;-)

Will this mean there will be no mid november/december meet ?

Kind regards,
    Dimitri
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    OK, despite the fact i don't know if i can have the days off i just booked myself 4 nights in the ship inn! The people were so nice to me, and sleeping in the hall was ok, but since my financial situation has improved i chose to be there all 4 nights.
    So will arrive thursday again and leave on monday.... really worked out fine last time.
    The tuesday at work i was complete broken, but broken with a smile on my face from ear to ear ;-)

I will consult my manager and tell him about my plans tuesday, if i get an OK, i will book the Norfolk line again. Don't want to miss this, the experience was lovely last time.
    Hopefully my greens are fully working then.... so i can bring 3 lazorbeamzzzzzz ;-)

Will this mean there will be no mid november/december meet ?

Kind regards,
    Dimitri
    Oh...Ok ....Dimitri..

so you have moved up in the world ...and your leaving US and moving in with the higher classes in the ship....so it was nothing to do with Rob snoring then????

Kev

Ps. got any schroopwaffle thingy's left? they were yummy!!!
    Move toward the light!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    The dates are booked for the next Surfleet Bash and it will be on the 1st (Friday), 2nd (Saturday) & 3rd (Sunday) of October 2010 starting at 12:00noon Friday till Late Sunday.

All the usual Surfleet stuff plus the upper gallery will be available again for sleeping purposes.

There is a cooker, microwave and 2x fridges availiable to use throughout the weekend.

CAA outdoor laser approval will be sorted for the weekend as usual.

Bring your BBQ's and hope for some decent weather and nice hazy, cloudy nights

Surfleet Village Hall
    Station Road
    Surfleet
    Spalding
    Lincolnshire
    PE11 4DA

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=1...=GB&qs=PE114DA

Places to stay:
    http://www.shipinnsurfleet.com/ - THE BEST BY FAR!!!!

http://www.theriversidehotel.info/

Travelodge Spalding
    Springfields Outlet Centre
    Camel Gate
    Spalding
    0871 984 6383

Prices for the weekend will be:

£30.00 for the whole weekend - 2.5 Days
    £25.00 for 2 days
    £15.00 for 1 day

Raffle included on the day.

Jim
    Hmmm... Think I'll be there, if you'll have me?

You can blow the rest of my mind!

Got to secure a few things before definitely commiting but that ain't because I don't wanna!

Better be quick to book I suppose because the Inn sounds tempting. Can the ones who stayed there before comment on whether the village hall can be heard from there?!!!

M

Going to try and make it this time, hope there are LOTS of big chunky amps available, I can just about run on 32A of three phase but the neutral gets a bit warm (harmonic currents from crude chopper power supplies).

All three of my lasers are actually single phase machines, and I have the distro to split down from a 32/3 or 63/3.

What is the score on running total loss cooling? My vag burner can run aircooled, but the I70 (providing I get this &^%$£$%^! power supply finished) and the 909 really need either much more radiator then I have or to run total loss at a total of about 2.5 - 3 GPM.

If it all comes together the inventory from me would be 40W Q switched green (A very much outdoors sort of laser), 1.5 watt multiline mixed gas and 4W or so multiline Argon (Probably also for outdoors given the size of the hall).

If someone could check where the local hydrant is (and what coupling it uses), I can probably find a stand pipe and key, and may be able to find some ex military portable fire pumps, hose and monitor nozzles (Can you say water screen!).

Lets try and break north of 100W total laser power!

Regards, Dan.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh dear... Jim's gonna have a heart attack when he reads this

Never mind though, at least it will give the local police something to *really* whinge about

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Never mind though, at least it will give the local police something to *really* whinge about
    Jem
    Way I heard it, they just wanted to play with your toys!

100W is not that big, I can do way more then that (at 10,600nm, given helium, CO2), what's the big deal?

Regards, Dan.

I think we may have power issues Dan suppling all that lot to be honest.

I ran my Lex88 for around 10hours in total at the last Surfleet bash and got commented on as to the amount of electricity we all/I consumed when I took the keys back so I think 32A+ of 3Phase draw may not go down too well

It would certainly be nice to see them there and maybe run them 'one at a time' for short periods.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    I'm in and will be there for the whole 2.5 days. I can be there earlier if you need any help with setting up the hall on Friday Jim.

Carl
    It's everyone's LEM Carly Boy so help is ALWAYS appreciated, put up and break down
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!