Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM-9 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 1-2-3rd of October 2010

I have just sent Robert (Spec) the £270.00 collected by us all at the October LEM

Without collecting fee's from people, i wouldn't have been able to do this!
    Last edited by smogthemog; 10-09-2010 at 03:05.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Default spec

did anyone hear from spec since he made the plea post ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    I have just sent Robert (Spec) the £270.00 collected by us all at the October LEM

intesesting Chris cos I emailed him - and not heard a word. Im sure hes there I just hope things are looking better for him

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default spec

Don't think anyone across the pond. Has either
    . I know he has problems and we are very greatfull for
    the service he provides, but some sort of acknowlagement or thanks
    would be nice for our efforts to help in fund raising

Hope. He is ok

Sorry I didn't make it in the end, had a death in the family on the Friday and had to fly out to Ireland on Saturday for my mums dads funeral.

Aggravating as I already had the lasers in the car.

I will be trying to get to the next one......
    Regards, Dan.

Sorry to hear that Dan, Hope you can make the next one.

Best regards
    Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post

And to date not heard a squeek about it - rather annoying to be honest!

If I had have received this amount of money from anyone, anywhere, I would have most certainly made some sort of acknowledgement of receipt let alone a simple thank you people!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Default spec

well if thats the way he wants to play it, the extra cash from future meets
    should go to prizes or funding the next meet, or a cancer hospice ,at least they would be greatfull for it .
    you make the effort get no thanks

Lightbulb

I don't suppose it's crossed your mind that he might be UNABLE to respond?

If I remember correctly, around the end of September he was facing a possible *forced* move out of his stepmother's house. I haven't heard from him since, but I'm guessing that he's probably scrambling around, trying to find lodging at the present time.

Personally, I've sent several PM's to him over the past week, and I have yet to receive an answer. Also, several people PM'ed him during the "electrofreak drama" a while back, and they also did not receive answers. Given his normal habit of replying within hours, if not a single day, I'd say that points to serious problems that are preventing him from posting. (Has anyone seen him in the chat recently? I never have time to hang out there, but I know Robert was almost always logged in...)

Bottom line: before we bring yet more drama to an already lousy situation, why not give it some time? After all, you're not seriously suggesting that he's out to scam anyone, are you?

Adam

I just received a text message from a rather long phone number... international it would seem. I was confused at first as I never receive any so I had no idea what that noise was that came out of the phone.

Just checked my sent email and I sent a reply to the listed paypal contact email address. smogthemog, at gmail. Either the mail server here ate it, a spam filter ate it or PL is currently on "meh" terms with gmail again. Every now and then I get a couplle hundred bounces from gmail addresses. Ohh well.

I apologize that my email never made it. It contained some personal information in it so I am going to summarize it the best I can and strip out the details I don't want "public facing".

---

The outpouring of assistance that resulted from my post has been nothing short of surprising and I thank you, every last one of you for the help you have thrown at me on good faith that I am not as much of a worthless sack of shit as I assume I am. Maybe you see, or likely read, something in me that I don't. A number of subscriptions were purchased and a non trivial amount of money was placed in my hands. I still have all of it here and rest assured I have not done anything retarded with it. I am looking for cheap transportation and a "change" of venue to try and facilitate things "getting better" and being able to sleep at night not wondering what is going to happen next. The fellows at the UKLEM pulled in about 450USD which I certainly did not expect and was surprised to see show up. When I find a use for the funds rest assured it will not be for hookers and blow.

All joking aside, I wish things were different and I had no need to write that post, I really do. After writing it I basically left the computer for a few days. I needed to just try and get my bearings so I spent a lot of time staring at the ceiling trying to figure things out. Shortly after that Beth, my foster mother that I am trying to take care of went into the hospital with what the doctors called "a heart episode" - which I am confident is just a semantic term to alter the insurance companies response to the issue. Since then I have been nursing a pilonidal cyst(Don't look it up, much less in google images, seriously) - Not being able to walk changes ones perspective a little. There have been other smaller instances where I have basically had to disappear and take care of one problem or another. Please note that I am not bringing these things up to distract one from the fact that I did not follow up on saying thanks in this specific instance and as a matter of fact I am now wondering if there are other people that have not received an email from me. Of the people that called me on my phone I have called them back and some of them never got back to me. can't blame them, I hate playing phone tag also.

I'm still here, for what it's worth and I apologize if my presence here isn't as vocal as it should be... The lack of spam on the board should indicate that but alas, it's not a very "stateful" action on my part. I get the notices, I burn through the threads and then wipe out the notices. As soon as things loosen up here I will try and be more vocal.

As buffo stated to me in a PM: "Get back in the game!" - I am working on that, it's just a lot slower than I really like dealing with and is more like playing a couple games of chess at the same time with the intended purpose of not necessarily gaining ground, mostly just entrenching and making sure that any ground I have gained is not lost.

Seriously, everyone... Thank you. I had no idea that being quiet would be seen as being thankless... I am sorry for that.