Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: UKLEM-9 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 1-2-3rd of October 2010

Default thank you

i am glad you are sort of ok ,you being quiet worried a few people ,like buffo say's get back in the game many miss you being vocal
    and thank you for providing me a place to spend my time learning this wonderfull hobby or lasers, with out pl i would be staring at a tv screen rocking back and forth

hope to see you back soon
    regards
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I don't suppose it's crossed your mind that he might be UNABLE to respond?

If I remember correctly, around the end of September he was facing a possible *forced* move out of his stepmother's house. I haven't heard from him since, but I'm guessing that he's probably scrambling around, trying to find lodging at the present time.
    That is one of the more annoying things I am dealing with and am spending an inordinate amount of time trying to avoid.

Personally, I've sent several PM's to him over the past week, and I have yet to receive an answer. Also, several people PM'ed him during the "electrofreak drama" a while back, and they also did not receive answers. Given his normal habit of replying within hours, if not a single day, I'd say that points to serious problems that are preventing him from posting. (Has anyone seen him in the chat recently? I never have time to hang out there, but I know Robert was almost always logged in...)
    I have received your private messages, I have taken them to heart, even if I didn't reply... Most all of your points are spot on and the tough love approach is useful. I just really don't have much, if anything, to really add... It's like an echo chamber in my head sometimes.

Bottom line: before we bring yet more drama to an already lousy situation, why not give it some time? After all, you're not seriously suggesting that he's out to scam anyone, are you?

Adam
    Man... I am not out to scam anyone... I apologize if anyone thinks this.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    well if thats the way he wants to play it, the extra cash from future meets
    should go to prizes or funding the next meet
    Thats how it should be. I under no circumstances asked anyone to defer cash to help de-fuck my personal situation. I apologize if you feel that I "took" something out of the proverbial cookie jar or deprived anyone of LEM toys. I know how hard it is to part with money and the options and entertainment it provides.

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    And to date not heard a squeek about it - rather annoying to be honest!

If I had have received this amount of money from anyone, anywhere, I would have most certainly made some sort of acknowledgement of receipt let alone a simple thank you people!
    You are correct. I should have been noisier. I just assumed that email got to you... I apologize.

Default oh f**k

oh fu*k how bad do i feel
    i retract that statment of (well if thats the way he wants to play it, the extra cash from future meets should go to prizes or funding the next meet)
    i had a bad day and should not have said that, it to easy to forget what others are going through
    accept my aplologys

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I just received a text message from a rather long phone number... international it would seem.
    Hi Robert

That text was from me, i sincerely hope you don't mind. Sorry about being an 'International man of mystery' but I wanted to try every means possible to bring this matter to your attention .

Anyway, it's nice to hear from you and that things are *reasonably* O.K. and there's nothing underlying that's more serious.

Hope things get much better for you soon.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    oh fu*k how bad do i feel
    Theres no need. Had the situation been reversed I imagine I would be more than a little upset with a charity case that didn't bother to say thanks.

Though from practical experience(Back when I had cash), here is typically what happens:

I would send money to a charity, They would send a canner thank you email and then every couple of weeks they would send out another email stating how thankful they are and that I should, you know, do it again because while my donation did "an amount of good" for the specific goal of the charity it by no means implies that the charity is done with their mission goal and since I've already given them money it means that I am obviously the kind of person that might give them money in the future so if they just spam me incessantly I might cave in and do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hope things get much better for you soon.
    Me too. Thanks for the message though. I am laying in the bed not moving much and the computer that gets my email is on the other side of the house. When a pilonidal cyst is in the picture and one has to calculate movement I take the approach of taking the number of steps it would take to get wherever and then change the word "steps" with "kilometers"

Yes, I prefer metric.

Thumbs up

Thanks for popping back on-line Robert! No sweat on the PM's buddy - I know you've got a lot on your plate these days. (Truthfully, for once I feel your pain... Between the job-related travel and all this medical bullshit, I don't have time to keep current with messages either!)

It's all good though. Hopefully something will work out re: networking with the folks out west. I think a change of scenery would do you a world of good. For sure it would allow you to put a lot of this nastiness behind you. Not going to help much with your pilonidal cyst though, but I guess you can't have everything, right?

Take care pal. Good to know you've still got access to the 'net. Remember that DZ is trying to meet up with you soon when he heads to Atlanta (if you're still there, that is).

Adam

Default charitys

yes its dammed annoying when charitys do that, on more than one occasion at work
    we have had to tell them to fu*k off pestering us,and in future we will send our money
    to a charity that agrees no to give us a load of crap each time our company wishes to make a donation, some of them like to shoot there selfs in the foot ,and put you off giving them more money.

Hey Robert, Glad to have you up and about back on here.

I am sorry if any of my comment have sounded a little brash, you DO, do a marvelous job and provide many people with a wonderful forum!!

No I didn't get the email, don't know why but I will check my spam trap and see if it's in there - apologies on that count.

I sincerely hope you are feeling better and are back with us in full swing very soon.

Best regards to you and yours.
    Jim.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!