Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM-9 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 1-2-3rd of October 2010

Everyone who attends these events knows the risks - and if they don't then they dam well should!

There will be the same disclaimer waived at this event that was waived at the other events - if you attend, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Common sense prevails here and if you haven't got any then PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND!

The ONLY rule I would like to keep in enforcement is the NO cables accross the main hall area but that speaks for it's self - common sense and all!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    'elf 'n safety is usually the death of all fun.

As these are private events with no members of the public invited then it's incumbant on each attendee to be responsible for his own equipment and safety.
    And so far (at the UKLEM's at least) the guys have been responsible and known the risks.

Introduce a "No Glasses No Entry" rule and that'll be the first of a long list.
    And what happens if someone was to take their glasses off inside?
    Would everyone be legally obliged to pelt him with rocks until he puts 'em back on (for reasons of safety of course).

Say NO to Rules !!

Agree totally...we are all adults, WE know the risks its up to individuals to self govern...

and any way it works for the Banking industry....OOOOPs!

Any way if a 5watt+ RGB is showering you with multi coloured beams and you dont like it...

....just tell the owner to point it MY WAY
    Move toward the light!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Could some kind soul explain to a colonial rebel what a "Surfleet" is? Surely not the navy acronym of Surface Fleet?

Thanks,

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default history

here you go steve the history of name why the village of surfleet we have are meets at is called that http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Surfleet
    (sour stream) so i guess there is a crappy stream that runs in to the sea somewhere there

Thanks Chris

http://www.urban75.org/photos/englan...-surfleet.html

------------

The CAA outdoor lasers approval papers went in on Saturday evening

17/07/2010 @ 22:41
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    The CAA outdoor lasers approval papers went in on Saturday evening

17/07/2010 @ 22:41
    Hey Jim

Are you going to ask them for a copy of the approval in writing so the local plod can be advised?

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

It's in hand Jem although seeing that dumpy little copper realise that he didn't have a bust was quite amusing
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    It's in hand Jem although seeing that dumpy little copper realise that he didn't have a bust was quite amusing

HeHe, yeah... That made my day
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Question wondering

hi i am new to this forum and have done laser training safety course and was wondering if i could come along as i sounds a blast also is there a age limit as i am only 15 but do other gigs laser-ing is what i want to do when i am older so would take it seriously many thanks

Welcome to the forum
    You are MORE than welcome but will have to insist on a parent or guardian being with you.

See you there
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!