Thread: Sheffield LEM - Dates, CAA, Pics and Video!

Default Sheffield LEM - Dates, CAA, Pics and Video!

Ok, Time to show your interest.

I'm suggesting the Sunday 14th November but will work with you as to the best date.

I have available dates of: Sunday: 14th, 21st and 28th November. I thought Sunday might be preferable to many as less traffic and less likely to clash with other committments. Same reason for a November date. I propose a 1 day event.

We can have the hall from 12pm-8pm or longer if required - I need to book times in advance.

• There are NO smoke alarms in the hall.

• I'm talking to the CAA about outside. They've already offered to post a NOTAM.

• Cake will be provided.

• Might even manage a firework subject to the school letting us use the grounds.

Please state if you interested in coming and if so on what dates. If there's sufficient interest I'll make a provisional booking to be confirmed upon receipt of hire costs.

This is a great venue - some further pics and video here (pics are off a 35mm lens so not very wide angle):

Video: of the inside:

Its also quite dark even in the day. Note the only windows are those at the top and in all of the photos the lights are on plus I enhanced the light levels.

Awwwwww SHENGUS !

QUICK REPLY ON THIS ONE

14th is my daughters birthday i have ZERO ... and i mean ZERO opportunity to be there on that date

Also sats are always better for me ... sorry !

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

No one else interested in this

It looks good for a 1 dayer.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Edited 15 characters
    Last edited by White-Light; 10-16-2010 at 11:15.

Whoa... Al.

That's a bit quick, you only posted the dates last night at 8:00pm.

Give it a few days and see what happens. To be honest I'm a bit LEM'd out this year and am struggling to justify another weekend for lasers as I have to balance hobbies and family. Having said that, I was trying to make time to get to Sheffield and to support you. But to expect people to make arrangements and move commitments around so quickly is asking a lot.

Maybe others feel the same, perhaps it's just too soon after Surfleet.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Ok Jem I'll wait a bit longer but I too am detecting a bit of LEM apathy.

I totally understand if thats the case but I don't want to be flogging a dead horse.

At the end of the day I can't put the hall hire out myself upfront although I can manage the deposit, and whilst there's no pressure for that at the moment, the CAA are wanting an answer on whether or not to issue a NOTAM within the next week and for what date so I do need people to respond quite quickly as stricly they require 28 days notice although they're waiving a week of that for me.

So ideally I need responses so we can find a common date and get some idea of numbers who are prepared to come.

no interest so

cancelled

Sorry to here that al , but now you have the venue details , might well be useful one day ...

If that pipe exploded more etc we might not have been allowed back , or venues have changes of councils , policies , price increases etc ..may be needed one day

NEVER SAY NEVER

Thanks for the time you put into this
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

I'm surprised people passed this one over given the quality of the venue, high ceilings and close proximity to the motorway / rail / air links.

If anyone wants to suggest dates after the New Year that don't clash with any other LEM events then I'm open to suggestions provided enough people post interest.