Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM-9 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 1-2-3rd of October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    I think we may have power issues Dan suppling all that lot to be honest.
    God, venues are getting boring these days, I can pull 400A per phase at work and nobody raises an eyebrow (Got the water main to cool it as well, just need to find a really **serious** plasma tube).

Ok, will bring the wussy single phase set-up (Same lasers, less distro).
    Will I be OK going total loss on the cooling for the gas state toys?

Regards, Dan.

@Kevski: Next time i will bring more stroopwafels (stro-p-wah-fels)
    (stro as in distro, p as in p, wah like wahwah, fels like fels ;-)

@Morgan, the ship inn is excellent, good breakfast and dinner too!
    Very nice people, ask for Ann Louise.....

@SMog: if you want me to build up again, i am trying to get days off, to repeat the procedure we did last Lem.... would love to help you build up and sweep the floors afterwards... as i am the Dutch National Sweeping Champion 1988 hahaha...Tomorrow gonna ask my boss for the days off...

Are you still planning on organising a LEM in Nov/Dec as well, in other words, will this be the intermediate or will this be the full version and no LEM in Nov/Dec, or do we do something special for christmas ;-) ????
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    @Kevski: Next time i will bring more stroopwafels (stro-p-wah-fels)
    (stro as in distro, p as in p, wah like wahwah, fels like fels ;-)

Thanks for the language lesson...I'll practice before we next meet....promise!

@Morgan, the ship inn is excellent, good breakfast and dinner too!
    Very nice people, ask for Ann Louise.....

Ann Louise? sounds like a very nice lady

@SMog: if you want me to build up again, i am trying to get days off, to repeat the procedure we did last Lem.... would love to help you build up and sweep the floors afterwards... as i am the Dutch National Sweeping Champion 1988 hahaha...Tomorrow gonna ask my boss for the days off...

Careful.... you will be getting a full time job in Surfleet Village Hall!

Are you still planning on organising a LEM in Nov/Dec as well, in other words, will this be the intermediate or will this be the full version and no LEM in Nov/Dec, or do we do something special for christmas ;-) ????
    LEM in NOV/DEC as well as October and ....SCOTlem in July...no way ...I'll be divorced !!!

K
    Move toward the light!

NO - So will I Kev

The 1-2-3 Oct Bash will be the last Surfleet LEM this year with the next being in February 2011.

I will really try and make ScotLEM but can't promise at this stage. I am VERY low on Holiday entitlement at work and have still got to cater for an already booked CParcs holiday in December AND mandatory factory shut down in December

I may come for the Saturday and drive back Just after Sunday dinner.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Jim
    Id love to make the Oct event ,but i cant just checked and wedding booked for the 2nd October in lanark .... but i ill do my damndest to be there in feb ....

The drive wasnt as bad as i anticipated ,without stops for the dog i reckon i could do it in 5 and half hours ..... just hate the A66 ... hear on the news another THREE people killed on it today , with another 4 people critical ...very sad ... i have always hated that road , i used to drive it as a sales rep for many years and had a few near misses , people incredibly impatient.

Have a great event , would love to see you at Scotlem providing i can pull it off , still a lot to organise ... like pick a venue from the myriad available ! LOL , hopefully that will be settled this week !

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

ok thanks for clearing that up (about that being the last LEM, not you being divorced if more LEM's were to come hahahaa)... Well. I just asked for days off... think it'll be ok.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Default 10 watts of Blue in Surfleet

Just had a thought JIM , and im NOT trying to lay this at your feet , its got to be a group responsibilty .......... with the advent of blues , theres likely to be some REALLY powerful multi watt units kicking about.

Now i work generally very safely but at last meet i didnt worry or concern myself about my own beams as there was beams everywhere , TBH I was more concerned about sticking wires down to floor ....

Realistically we would need Wembley to ALL be able to work safely and prevent our beams from entering anyone elses paths or walking path in and out of venue path ,so it may be a problem that cant be resolved. I also know for me part of the enjoyment IS walking through all the beams , seeing so many laser and effects and colours but we are getting to stage when there COULD in OCT but if not DEFO next year , there will be DUAL and QUAD if not OCTO blues in use producing 8-10 watts of blue ....... Personally Im not concerned too much about a watt of anything but 10 watts sounds worrying ?? mmmmmm ....

Thinking it through ,the venue is TIGHT and its only fair everyone gets to use their projectors , it also not fair on Jim to have to act like the laser police and inspect laser for power outputs etc and i think there would be mixed reactions about maybe limiting certain output power laser to certain times etc. Restricitng certain power projectors to certain heights for beams could work but requires somone to Police it , which is difficult.

One solution to put forward is simple rule ...No Safety Glasses No Entry !

Anybody else concerned about the advent of Blues or am i being nervy over nothing

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

I see what you are getting at, and might have got the wrong end of the stick BUT:

What's wrong with common sense?

If it becomes a requirement to wear safety goggles at a LEM - I ain't goin...
    Not just 'cos everyone would look like this:

But I believe if that point is reached, something is fundamentally wrong, whatever it is.

I guess I'll leave 30W of green in the garage then...
    Also: In my avatar, I'm stood a foot away from 72W of 445nm, and my eye still works

Ta,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Lightbulb

'elf 'n safety is usually the death of all fun.

As these are private events with no members of the public invited then it's incumbant on each attendee to be responsible for his own equipment and safety.
    And so far (at the UKLEM's at least) the guys have been responsible and known the risks.

Introduce a "No Glasses No Entry" rule and that'll be the first of a long list.
    And what happens if someone was to take their glasses off inside?
    Would everyone be legally obliged to pelt him with rocks until he puts 'em back on (for reasons of safety of course).

Say NO to Rules !!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    ..In my avatar, I'm stood a foot away from 72W of 445nm, and my eye still works ....
    Dare we ask what happened to the other eye that's now just a smoking hole?