Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat's MicroMount Review!! - microlaserlabs.com

I am loving this little mirror mount. I'm using it to bounce the green beam into the green/red dichro. Pat gave me some great tips for installation too.

One question I have is, would it be smart to put a drop of locktite on the little screws once everything is in alignment? Or is the tension from the spring enough to hold the screws in place? Locktite can sometimes work too well.

Mike

I find the tension to be just fine. Seems to hold it's position very well. If you are going to use loctite, which I suggest against, make sure it's blue not red.

Price including foot - $35.00 ea
    Ouch! Can I get a rebate? :P

I've got 4 of these now, replacing MM1's and the bigger LW 3 axis mounts as I was running out of space in my already overcrowded projectors. Easy to dial in, can be adjusted with fingers and make the whole thing look a bit more spacious and tidy.
    I'll be moving my projectors around a fair bit over the weekend so we'll see how their alignment holds up then. And I'll even show you some pics

On the tension thing, I screw mine out a bit to pre-tension the spring and have that as my 'neutral' point from which to do the fine adjustment. Gives me some leeway to pull the mirror/dichro back a bit if need be, without having to loosen the mounting screw. Seem pretty solidly in place if you do that.

Default An update..

Rather than just pointing the mount at a static point to see if it worked... I finally to got the mount into real use... The MicroMount was a joy to work with, I started out using it as a bounce mirror to my galvos it worked well, I left it for about an hour before deciding that was too easy... I moved it over to bounce the green beam from the green's AOM through two sets of dichroic filters (replacing an MM1). The micromirror mount was a breeze to tune and configure on the desired postion. Another thing that I instantly noticed was that the broadband mirror pat provided with the mount was a HUGE improvement to the front surface mirror I have on the MM1 (it will be replaced shortly, I have a stash). So for all of the PL'ers building a dual or a quad I think you will really like the mircomount. I will update again after I have had more time with the mount (probably not much time at all, set it and it stays).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7060034-w.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	18171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7060027-w.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	18172

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    March of the MicroMounts...Attachment 18082

Price including foot - $35.00 ea
    Do you have any of these left too? Need four, I think.

Cheers
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    Do you have any of these left too? Need four, I think.

Cheers
    Rich
    I am also interested in some mounts! Still available?

Thanx

B

they are available, if you want any PM me with your quantity. I will respond with payment instructions.

pat b
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

A bit pricey for what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    A bit pricey for what you get.
    Well that is one mans opinion. Why don't you go buy a reall mill and a lathe and all of the tooling, end mills, vises, measuring equip, drills, taps. Next buy the stock, oh yea buy a machine to cut that too. Then spend the time designing it, order the screws. Then spend many hours machining the mounts. Next have them anodized, and assamble them. Now deal with shipping and boxing parts and don't forget pay pal's cut.

Any way I look forward to your 5 dollar micro mounts. I have this cnc machining capability and I can't make them for that, assuming I don't want to losse money, so I will just buy them from you.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Well that is one mans opinion. Why don't you go buy a reall mill and a lathe and all of the tooling, end mills, vises, measuring equip, drills, taps. Next buy the stock, oh yea buy a machine to cut that too. Then spend the time designing it, order the screws. Then spend many hours machining the mounts. Next have them anodized, and assamble them. Now deal with shipping and boxing parts and don't forget pay pal's cut.

Any way I look forward to your 5 dollar micro mounts. I have this cnc machining capability and I can't make them for that, assuming I don't want to losse money, so I will just buy them from you.

Chad
    Haha, you definitely don't want to put every single 2-56 screw in a jig and put a 45° point on the tip. The WORST part of the job, but I think its worth it in the end. I can re-align all my lasers within a seconds instead of minutes like it took with my other style of mirror mounts and they stay just as stable.