Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat's MicroMount Review!! - microlaserlabs.com

Pat, if you find any with the regular or reverse foot in the cupboard, drop me a PM please. Also, if you have any spare springs as I stretched out a couple of mine. Cheers
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    even more nonsense coming out of your mouth...did you consider design time, the machine, the time to machine, the anodizing, the assembly, the shipping, the mirror, the points machined on the screws?

No I didn't think so...because you are clueless. Clearly your time and talents are worth ZERO. go away...
    You can spend all day polishing a turd but it is still a turd and you will not get a days worth of money for it. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    You can spend all day polishing a turd but it is still a turd and you will not get a days worth of money for it. Get it?

OH HERE IT IS.................fuck you! ----------- I thought I told you to go away
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

LOL. I was in the Navy so those types of insults don't even register. Why are you telling me to go away anyway? You are the one whining about not wanting to come here because you don't get the respect you deserve. You go away.

LOL. I was in the Navy so those types of insults don't even register. Why are you telling me to go away anyway? You are the one whining about not wanting to come here because you don't get the respect you deserve. You go away.

CLEARLY you didn't hear me the first time-------------FUCK YOU!!! Were you in the navy because the marines rejected you? LOL
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

CLEARLY you didn't hear me the first time-------------FUCK YOU!!! Were you in the navy because the marines rejected you? LOL
    No, I was in the Navy because I was a Nuke which is one of the top programs in the military. Stop making a fool of yourself.

The big difference with Pat ,me , Stanwax and a few others that they try to sell good quallity stuff and (trying) to make a living out of it. In the beginning i sold kits just like Pat but after a while i experianced the same thing. Its not worth doing it since its always to expencive. Andy-con can do things dirt cheap because he does everything himself next to his job. In fact he could do things for free if he really wants to. As soon as he needs to pay health insurance, pension, food , morgage and everything else to keep the company going his prices will go up also and his mounts also will be in the 20-30 usd.As long as he is doing things aside its sustainable.

And because there are guys like Andy-con people have a choice to buy from Pat or from Andy. Most people go for cheap so Andy is the winner.The reason for going the cheaper route for most people that doing lasershows its just a hobby that is financed by there daily job or by doing a lasershow from time to time for uganda dollars. There is not enough money coming in to buy a good quallity mount. Simple economics, watch the movie in the link that i posted, that explains it all.

I understand that Pat is pissed of because when Andy-con wasn,t doing thing just for some extra cash a side his job , Pat would be still in bussiness probably or have a better chance. But if it was me i rather would buy a mount with a nice finish that is machined by a metalshop offered by Pat instead of a cheap rough mount like what is shown by Andy-con. I,m sure he can do better since he has the skills and machinery but he knows that the majority here goes for cheap so why bother.....
    Last edited by edison; 12-09-2014 at 16:48.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

No, I was in the Navy because I was a Nuke which is one of the top programs in the military. Stop making a fool of yourself.
    aren't you the same guy sells Spagatti Software for thousands of dollars...I mean jesus christ dude...it is just a metalized piece of plastic with 1's & 0's on it... i mean, really couldn't be more than 20 cents of plastic and about 5 cents in 1's & 0's. You could probably get that made in China for about 10 cents.

Soooooo, you were a nuke...and you think that impresses me? No...you don't know me, because as an individual with independent thought... i don't respect ANY chain of authority, NONE OF THEM!!! which the entire military is designed around. Sheep leading sheep...no buddy, I'm not impressed only your boss was impressed as you kissed his ass so you could get a ribbon or some other shiny bobble.

Don't you have anything else to do other than to further derail my thread?

I said GO AWAY sailor.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

I am reading posts laced with bad attitudes or at the least tender egos across a couple of threads. Maybe its seasonal affective disorder, ISIS, or the recent announcement of the supremacy of the Chinese economy. Despite his moronic politics... "Don't worry, be happy". This is all supposed to be fun and can be. I build mounts like Pat's all the time. I do it, not because it's so easy, but because I want the design to be tweaked for each application. If you have the mill and some basic tooling it is not hard and the designing is fun, but it is not at all cost effective unless you're unemployed. You can buy the ball screw/ bushing sets for around $5-$15 each (x3) although I have more often dealt with the coarser 3 x 0.5mm cone head set screws by using long lever arms. The ball screws are a pleasure to use, however as well as more expensive. A neat trick to set these up is to drill and tap the three screw holes and then securely clamp the little mirror-supporting plate against the base. Then, with hard steel (not the final stainless ball or cone tip screws) drive the point about one turn into the soft aluminum plate for a resulting perfect alignment. The indentation provides the receiver for the final screw. Then instal the spring (s).

it wasn't about the money...it was about making something completely functional, targeted at diode adjusters, at a reasonable price for an ungrateful industry
    I tried that once and it didn't work out, but the industry wasn't ungrateful. It just didn't make financial sense for me and, so I learned from it. I don't think the industry was ungrateful for your mounts (generally), they miss them, but it isn't feasible for you to serve that market. You obviously have the skill. What about providing much more expensive, one off mounts for individuals on a custom basis? Not everyone has or want's a mill. And for some, the quality/custom route is worth enough to them to make it worth it for you.

aren't you the same guy sells Spagatti Software for thousands of dollars...I mean jesus christ dude...it is just a metalized piece of plastic with 1's & 0's on it... i mean, really couldn't be more than 20 cents of plastic and about 5 cents in 1's & 0's. You could probably get that made in China for about 10 cents.

Soooooo, you were a nuke...and you think that impresses me? No...you don't know me, because as an individual with independent thought... i don't respect ANY chain of authority, NONE OF THEM!!! which the entire military is designed around. Sheep leading sheep...no buddy, I'm not impressed only your boss was impressed as you kissed his ass so you could get a ribbon or some other shiny bobble.

Don't you have anything else to do other than to further derail my thread?

I said GO AWAY sailor.
    Geez dude. None of that makes any sense at all. You are so off base that it isn't even worth explaining. Buffo was a nuke. Ask him about the Nuke attitude and let him tell you why you are so wrong.