Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat's MicroMount Review!! - microlaserlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Yep, as usual...I should have gone with initial thoughts that have never failed me before....

FUCK YOU!!!

What kind of mental midget makes one mount, i'll go with my other gut feeling that you didnt make that mount at all.

go back to your code...monkey....
    Yes, you don't seem to be able to have a civil response which is why this thread continues. If you were able to take a little criticism with a decent response we probably would have come to an agreement of some sort. But, no, you had to jump in with a big Fuck You and Kiss My Ass. Well, I can tell how your customer service skills are based on this and God help anyone who buys your product and wants to return it due to being unsatisfied with it.

For the record, I made two of those mounts. And, all of the shims and other parts in my projector. If I paid someone like you to do that for me I'd probably be broke. But, since I have my own tools I make my own stuff. What kind of fool buys tools and doesn't use them?

I really don't have a problem with your mount. I just thing it's a bit cheaply made and nothing special for the $39 asking price. My only problem I have is with you. But, not that you anger me. You're more of an amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Damn I actually was thinking about buying your software, currently I think LDS for more than twice the price may be a better option.Shit I just looked at my signature... I am biased I now will shut up.

-Adam
    I want you to buy whatever you feel is a good value to you. I doubt you will get the same level of support from the LDS folks that you will get from me, though. What I think of Pat and his mounts has nothing to do with how you would be treated as a customer of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Of course, if 300Evil screws them all the way in and takes a pic and everything looks fine I will retract that.
    You mean like this?

It's well within the capability and it will revert back without loosing spring tension. It's really not necessary to go that far ever, IMO. You'd use the screw position on the shoe for your forward coarse adjustment. As you can see in the below pictures, It has plenty of travel but I'd recommend a ball end allen wrench for the most adjustment capability.

Yes, like that. Is that the same mount? It looks different. Looks like one piece of metal instead of two pieces screwed together. The tips of the screws don't look as pointy. And it's black. That one actually looks like a nicely finished mount and if that's what you had pictured initially I would never had commented on it. The mount you had in the review pics looked amateurish while that one does not.

If we buy a mount, do we get

THIS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0961.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	23096
    or another one?
    Cause If we get the one pictured above (in my post) I am interested

Oh yes, The one in my original review was one of the first prototypes. The L bracket is now one piece. Other than that it's all the same hardware and nicely anodized. I have the original in my projector since last year for steering my green and it hasn't needed adjustment since I put it in there. Nothing locking the threads either. For a super tiny mount, it is very well made.

There was also some concern when mounting a large, heavy 15mm PBS cube that they could not hold their stablility. However that has been cleared up. All you have to do is apply one drop of some threadlocker (not the permanent kind that dries hard, but the kind that retains a softer consistency) to the screws then screw in a few turns to increase the spring tension kind of like how 300 evil did in the pic (but not that much). Then the alignment stays very stable, it even makes adjusting easier because the screws turn with a bit more resistance because of the resistance on the thread-locker. I'm not sure why I am jumping in to defend these but.... . Maybe its because I ripped all my brass mounts out of my projector and replaced them with these instead. It took half a day to do ( I have 6 wavelengths in my projector) but it was worth it because these mounts rock.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Oh yes, The one in my original review was one of the first prototypes. The L bracket is now one piece. Other than that it's all the same hardware and nicely anodized. I have the original in my projector since last year for steering my green and it hasn't needed adjustment since I put it in there. Nothing locking the threads either. For a super tiny mount, it is very well made.
    Well, I was commenting on the prototype that was shown in the review. If what is being sold is the black anodized one piece mount then I think that the advertised price is fair. They may functionally same, but the extra attention to detail is worth that extra bit of money that I don't think the pictured prototype deserves.

My aplogogies for the misunderstanding, but, in this case, I don't think it was my fault, and I certainly don't think I deserved the response from the seller that I received.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideas View Post
    If we buy a mount, do we get

THIS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0961.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	23096
    or another one?
    Cause If we get the one pictured above (in my post) I am interested
    yes you get that mount, black anodized, however...i would not recommend that you run the screws in that far. it is not necessary. you get plenty of adjustment if you have about 1/8" between the fixed plate and the free plate. Springs have memory and if you leave it like that for long it will be floppy if you bring it back to shipping spacing approx 1/6". if you have to run the screws in far (on any mount)...your basic alignment is what is wrong.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Well, I was commenting on the prototype that was shown in the review. If what is being sold is the black anodized one piece mount then I think that the advertised price is fair. They may functionally same, but the extra attention to detail is worth that extra bit of money that I don't think the pictured prototype deserves.

My aplogogies for the misunderstanding, but, in this case, I don't think it was my fault, and I certainly don't think I deserved the response from the seller that I received.
    thats what ive been saying all along, you talked out of your ass without the information to make a justified statement. Thats like me just blurting out Spaghetti software sucks

you opened your big fucking mouth without engaging your pea brain first.

i still call bullshit that you designed and made your mount in three hours, i was born at night...but not last night.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.