Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 165

Thread: 445 experiments

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,700

    Default

    It's a real pity no-one has a complete working projector to test what they actually run at as standard as you can almost certainly bet Casio have spent a lot of time testing to determine optimum life settings. Would be interesting to see the drive current and output for this.

    Just wondered as well what the beam spec were like? Are these the same diodes as in the other thread where the beam width was less than desirable?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Yes, but I think that's really not so good that we all think. Just don't expect to make money any more with laser show business, from now... Every DJ will soon have their own 6W RGB laser projector, buyed on eBay for cheap
    I don't think so

    I mean, the red diodes have been around for ... and still not everybody has a super high power red ...

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    White-light: In one of the other 445nm threads, dream beamz tested the output of a single diode with the projector intact. Results were a very encouraging 600-700mw output per diode after lens.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    I don't think so

    I mean, the red diodes have been around for ... and still not everybody has a super high power red ...
    Yes, but good quality reds are low power only and costs more that these 445, and you still need to mix tenth of red diodes to have a nice quality powerful beam, which costs a lot. Now with 2 diodes you will have 2 watts, if they are really 1W each...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Lincs, UK
    Posts
    2,620

    Default

    Chad has also run one up to 1.02W output @ 1A running at a steady 75 degrees.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

    Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Yes, but I think that's really not so good that we all think. Just don't expect to make money any more with laser show business, from now... Every DJ will soon have their own 6W RGB laser projector, buyed on eBay for cheap
    I share your fears.. here in Holland you see these showtec green lasertoys in every club and bar.. which I always thought was a bad thing.. putting me out of work as a laser operator. i guess they will all turn blue in the next months

    But don't forget a professional laserprojecter is more than a few diodes. There's also the drivers, galvo's, qm-board (or equivalent) safety, optics.. it's still a lot of work to build a high-quality multiwatt projector for cheap, even with cheap diodes.

    And also i believe producing a professional live lasershow is something that won't change with the rise of cheap diodes. I do think you have to work harder to make a show which seperates itself from 'the rest'.. so stop using those standard patterns The people who buy these ebay/showtec cheap projectors settle for a crap show.. these people didn't have the budget anyway to hire a professional show.

    anyway.. i believe there's still money to be made in the laser business

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheepsville, Wales, UK
    Posts
    3,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    It's a real pity no-one has a complete working projector to test
    I have and I am

    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

    Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

    Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    anyway.. i believe there's still money to be made in the laser business
    I agree totally
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    I share your fears.. here in Holland you see these showtec green lasertoys in every club and bar.. which I always thought was a bad thing.. putting me out of work as a laser operator. i guess they will all turn blue in the next months

    But don't forget a professional laserprojecter is more than a few diodes. There's also the drivers, galvo's, qm-board (or equivalent) safety, optics.. it's still a lot of work to build a high-quality multiwatt projector for cheap, even with cheap diodes.

    And also i believe producing a professional live lasershow is something that won't change with the rise of cheap diodes. I do think you have to work harder to make a show which seperates itself from 'the rest'.. so stop using those standard patterns The people who buy these ebay/showtec cheap projectors settle for a crap show.. these people didn't have the budget anyway to hire a professional show.

    anyway.. i believe there's still money to be made in the laser business
    You're totally right. I'm just a little afraid to see powerful RGB laser projectors become a standard in every small party (by the way, removing a part of its charm), thus making for laserists even more difficult to seperates from the "rest". Like if all people were owning a Ferrari, they will not have the same charm...

    Anyway, now those "cheap" projectors will have a very bad color balance, but on the blue side instead of green, as 445nm is shifting colors really hard

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    And also i believe producing a professional live lasershow is something that won't change with the rise of cheap diodes. I do think you have to work harder to make a show which seperates itself from 'the rest'.. so stop using those standard patterns The people who buy these ebay/showtec cheap projectors settle for a crap show.. these people didn't have the budget anyway to hire a professional show.
    A lasershow should distinguish itself by good artwork and craftsmanship.

    Projectors and controllers are just tools. I can make a lousy show with a top-end projector running CT6800HP and a SP168, but I can also do the best I can to create a great show on a $200 Laserworld.

    People who have a good deal of creativity can astonish the audience, regardless of the equipment they're using. People who don't have a *great* deal of creativity, but want to wow the crowd anyway (with all good intentions) will try to hunt for the best equipment they can get for their resources.

    Of course, there are also enough guys out there who spend thousands of dollars on top-of-the-range gear, only to show it off and blame the equipment if it doesn't do what they want.

    The classic DJ who wants a complete Pioneer CDJ-2000/DJM-700 kit, only to play simple top 40 tunes on it, comes to mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •