Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 445nm lensing options - discuss them all here!

It seems no concrete solution yet to be shared....I have been trying to collimate it like a 80nm pump diode to get at the square beam....then final focus. Only thing is I can't get my FAC's close enough to the die to get a proper setting or result. Off to look a cylindricals....maybe the way to go. I have just now begun experiments and if anyone knows anything that will work nice in a labby...they are not coming forth. Time and testing will result the right choice. I will share my results when a good solution is proven. That way we all benefit.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

You could get one of them 'can opener' tools thorlabs sell.
    Then strip off the casing to get closer with your FAC

Hey don't encourage me...allready thought about that. I just can't...need to get beyond this so it will benefit us all.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    It seems no concrete solution yet to be shared....I have been trying to collimate it like a 80nm pump diode to get at the square beam....then final focus. Only thing is I can't get my FAC's close enough to the die to get a proper setting or result. Off to look a cylindricals....maybe the way to go. I have just now begun experiments and if anyone knows anything that will work nice in a labby...they are not coming forth. Time and testing will result the right choice. I will share my results when a good solution is proven. That way we all benefit.

Why not put a lense first on the end of the diode, then add the FAC fiber further away.
    Diode - Lens - FAC - then collimate it.

No idea what results you would get but it should allow you to get the fiber in thory closer to where it needs to be.

I have few hundred meters of multi and single mode fibers in various lengths and widths from 9um to 200um any use?

I have tried the 2mm dia fiber in front of the can, but it doesn't perform very well... the beam is really distorted

I'll have a try with other lenses as well, but we all need time to get some results ^^